• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My new Shorty

Re: My new Shorty

Yes, please. Specs.

Ever since Franks video with the Gladius, I've wanted to build myself a short rifle, but with an A5. Your build looks pretty damn close to what I want.

Thanks,

Badger M2008 Short Action
Bartlien 1-11tw M40 Contour cut to 17" with TBAC brake/mount
Manners T4A with Mini Chassis and RD Precision Tac Latch installed

Barreled Action blessed by Mark at SAC.

sweet.

i just went down to 17" myself from 22" + brake a couple of days ago, lovin' the handling.

only getting 2400fps out of 110vmax @ 17" from 2610 @ 22" (tame load), haven't ran any 165's through it yet.

tried a max 110 load, just burning powder and lighting up the general area with the flame coming out, still at 2400 fps

any chrony data on yours?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
Not yet, but you should try a different powder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sweet.

i just went down to 17" myself from 22" + brake a couple of days ago, lovin' the handling.

only getting 2400fps out of 110vmax @ 17" from 2610 @ 22" (tame load), haven't ran any 165's through it yet.

tried a max 110 load, just burning powder and lighting up the general area with the flame coming out, still at 2400 fps

</div></div>

My brothers 18" APA is hitting 2620FPS with M118LR (175 grain SMK).

I was amazed, but given that it really sounds like your loads are light.

My LMT 16" CL MWS does 2490FPS with M118LR

Very sweet rig. I just ordered a McRee compact carbine folder and have a 17" 308 barrel with 1/10 twist to mount to an remington action.

That really does sound low on the Vel. & powder charge .
You are getting 2400 fps Velocity from the 110's Vmax's & .308 w/17" barrel length . And I am getting the same Velocity with same bullet that you are with a 30-221/BLK & 16" barrel length .
I had no problem getting ( for example ) - 2580 fps Vel with a .308 & 16" barrel length with 175 sierra's using IMR 3031 . 41.8 to 42.0 grns / OAL 2.80"