• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My New SN-3 3.2-17

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Well it's been a five month wait. For those who don't recall I somehow managed to win a gift certificate to USO at the Douglas Ridge Sniper Challenge. I placed the order in March.

Today it arrived.

The specs are as follows:

SN-3 3.2-17x44 ERGO
Mil EREK
Mil #3 M40 Windage
44mm Objective
Red Illumination
GAP Reticle
USO Flip Caps

It arrived by FedEx, signature required, and I actually took the night off to greet it. (my wife thinks I need help) It was well wrapped and double boxed. My initial impression was that if it doesn't work out on the rifle I can carry it as a club. It's a sturdy piece. It feels like everything was overbuilt. The turrets all click precisely and have enough resistance they are not going to bump on their own. The EREK knob feels great!

I stood in my front yard for the last 30 minutes scoping things out.

I know you have all seen a SN-3 before, but here are the pics anyway. I wont we able to mount it for the next day or two. I won't have time to get to the range and my rifle has to stay ready to roll. As soon as I do I will post up some pics of the complete package before and after the krylon. Yes boys and girls, I am going to spray paint a $2k+ scope.
wink.gif

SN3_3785.jpg

SN3_3786.jpg

SN3_3788.jpg

SN3_3799.jpg

SN3_3806.jpg

SN3_3808.jpg

SN3_3809.jpg

SN3_3812.jpg

SN3_3813.jpg

Re: My New SN-3 3.2-17

looks good, bout to place an order for one very similar to that one

Looks great, I keep dreaming and have spec'ed the same thing several times. Next year is the plan...

Enjoy it.

While it doesn't count for anything and doesn't make one magically shoot better - I still say they are the best looking optic with the ERGO, EREK and the M40s. Stout. All business.

Congratulations.

Enjoy.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... and I actually took the night off to greet it. (my wife thinks I need help)...</div></div>

You do need help!

With the rest of us.
smile.gif

im putting in an order this week, pretty much the same just non-lit & canadian mil.
should be a nice xmas gift to myself...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im putting in an order this week, pretty much the same just non-lit & canadian mil.
should be a nice xmas gift to myself... </div></div>
May want to ask them to use a lit reticle housing (I don't think it costs extra) just in case you decide to add later.....

that looks awesome lonewolf, but i have one question for you. when you opened the box, did u hear the angels singing to you as well as the rest of us?

Congrats on the new SN-3 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">LoneWolfUSMC</span></span>. I'm sure you'll love the scope and that it will serve you well. And once you get it dialed-in and have shot with it a few times you'll feel the wait was justified. I had a similar scope, except that my SN-3 had LH Windage w/STOP and green illumination. Awesome scope, but I had to let it go.

Keith

Lonewolf...That thing looks awesome! It sounds to me that we have the exact same scope. (SN-3 3.2-17x44 ERGO, Mil EREK, Mil #3 M40 Windage, 44mm Objective, Red Illumination, GAP Reticle) LOL I think those caps after seeing them are a "must have" item!

The scope and rifle was shipped-out from Texas yesterday...Can't freaking wait to look through it. LOL funny thing is I've actually considered selling it and buying one with more magnification...Going blind as we speak...Baahaahaa! So if any of you out there wants to pay what it's worth, and don't want to wait for one send me a PM.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice ! what gun are you gonna use it on ? </div></div>

I just put it on my 700. She's just a plain jane SPS-V barreled action in a B&C stock, but it gets the job done.

I did a down a dirty zero today before work. I didn't have time to play with the EREK. I just fired, measured, dialed in the correction, confirmed and reset the turrets to zero. Matching reticle and turrets makes zeroing easy too!

Hopefully I can get to the range tomorrow and actually bottom out the EREK and set it properly.

Man what a difference the SN-3 is from my Falcon. The Falcon was great for what it was, but it isn't in the same league as the USO.

Now I just need to put the Falcon up for my AR10.

I can't wait to take the illuminated reticle out tonight and see how it works out in out city ambient light.

So far this sight has cost me an AI MarkII which I am waiting for and I now I may be bonkers but I have been drooling over the SN3. Lone, you have just about sent me over the top with your pic's.

Anyhow, nice scope. Use it well.

Maxwell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now I just need to put the Falcon up for my AR10. </div></div>

HAHAHAAHA... Good luck with that... Ever walked up the down escalator?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spot69221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I'm feelin ya!

</div></div>
GenII XR if I'm not mistaken. Very cool.
Didn't know JBWIII was using them!

dust on the reticle? just bang it on the counter lightly, lol. Don't break your counter.

No worries.

If I end up with any dust on my reticle I will just case up the rifle and fly American Airlines. They have a great "dust removal" service. A little "hammer throw" across the tarmac and it will be gone.

Seriously though, the reticle looks perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you opened the box, did u hear the angels singing to you as well as the rest of us? </div></div>

When I opened my box, Becky was talking to me in the shop, does that count?

Awesome scope! Nice and low mounting as well. Can't wait to mount my scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you opened the box, did u hear the angels singing to you as well as the rest of us? </div></div>

When I opened my box, Becky was talking to me in the shop, does that count?

Awesome scope! Nice and low mounting as well. Can't wait to mount my scope. </div></div>

that's close enough. Man she is one beautiful lady

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats buddy. It couldn't have went to a more deserving fella. </div></div>

Worth repeating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, it's mounted so low that if I want to dial out parallax at 700 I have to remove the cap. </div></div>

Did you call USO yet about a screw in cap (I suggested it on your other thread)?

sorry lone wolf, mine is mounted a little closer to the barrel than yours. ill post some pics when i get them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you call USO yet about a screw in cap (I suggested it on your other thread)? </div></div>

Not yet. I think I may "stitch bitch" a solution, but I haven't decided yet.

It's kind of a non-issue right now. We will see if I end up doing the state advanced school in October. That will help identify some issues. For regular call-outs I shouldn't need to adjust the parallax for more than 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, it's mounted so low that if I want to dial out parallax at 700 I have to remove the cap. </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">LoneWolfUSMC</span></span>,

If you don't wear gloves, you can also trim the "ears" of the Flip Open down with an X-Acto blade or similar device. I trimmed mine down, then through trial & error I figured-out how I needed to orient the Flip Open on the objective bell to allow me to go from 100-infinity. If I remember right I could only get from 50-700 yards before the "hinge" hit the barrel. I traded that scope away so now I can't confirm.

If you need to be able to dial down to 50 yards you won't be able to dial all the way to infinity without fussing with the Flip Open a bit, unless you have U.S. Optics set the scope up so the parallax adjusts more rapidly than standard, in which case they (U.S.O.) would need to etch a new objective bell for you (or re-etch new distance markings on your current objective bell). I don't think this is an option listed on the U.S.O. web site, but they can do it.

Keith

For right now I am dealing with it by just flipping open the cap before adjusting the parallax.

You have to do the "fine tune" on the parallax while looking through the scope anyway so it's no problem.