• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My "New to me" M24R first range trip...

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
A couple weeks ago in the "Firearms For Sale" section there was a post by Badger Ord. that they had acquired 10 M24's from the Remington M24R (refurbished) program. I was one of the Very Lucky ones who was able to score one of these Babies. I got #7. Today I was able to bring it to my local range and see how it shot. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything to take pictures with but there was a guy at the range who took at least one that he's supposed to email to me. I'll post it when I get it.
I fully expected that Remington would have just plopped the scope on the action, slapped it into the stock and shipped it. When I got to the range I pulled the bolt, looked through the scope at a piece of paper on the target stand at 100yds. and then looked through the bore to see how close it looked... My way of bore-sighting. Looked like it would at least be on paper. I proceeded to walk down and put up my own target (a piece of cardboard with a 1/2" dot I made with a Sharpie). I happen to have some "vintage" M118 Match from 1968... The old white-box stuff... I loaded a round into the rifle, turned the elevation turret to the "1" which should be 100yds and sent it down-range. Damn... I didn't see where it hit so I assumed I missed the whole target. The scope is only 10 power so I looked with my spotting scope. Holy Shit! It hit dead Center! First shot for me with this rifle! Cold bore! No adjustments other than the elevation to "1"!!! I proceeded to put 4 more within a half an inch of the first round. Then I moved to the 200yd. positions, turned the elevation turret to the "2" and proceeded to put 5 rounds into someone else's target's bullseye that they probably left because they couldn't. The longest distance at my range is 300yds. and of course when I turned the turret to "3" I made another sub-MOA group in yet another abandoned target's bullseye! Holy Guacamole People!!! Do you realize what this means!? It means my search is at long last OVER! I've found "THAT" Rifle! My hat's off to Remington for sending at least this rifle and hopefully the rest of them pre-sighted in. Who'd a thunk!
And a Special thanks to Marty at Badger for making this happen for me!

Sorry for such a long post but I was so Blown Away that I just had to share...

I did, it has the L&S Ultra on it too!
I sincerely hope you have the same experience I had! I'm still Reeling over the way that rifle performed today. It's so rare that you find a rifle that comes out of the case, gets set up and drills a Bullseye on the first Cold-bore shot. No "fouling". No "warming up". Just Dead-nuts on... First time and every time. Hell, I wasn't even shooting that well and the rifle took up my slack! It was truly how you need a rifle to perform when it matters most.

Here's a Pic...
mctbio.jpg

That makes me sick. Marty had one laid back for me, but at the last moment I had to give it up due to lack of funds.