• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My new wireless game camera

Super Bee 950

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2008
Austin Texas
www.bikesolutionsllc.com
I installed this over the weekend and it actually works as advertised! If you are interested, here is the website.
www.smartscouter.com

This is a Smart Scouter camera that sends its pictures over the cellular network to the company server so you can view, download, and e-mail the images from your computer. Every setting you would normally program with the unit in your hands can be controlled via the company web page. If I want the unit to send images every time it takes a pic, or once every 24 hours, make the change on the website and the unit will update itself the next time it calls in. When the camera calls the server it updates the picture count, battery level, cell phone signal strength and downloads the latest user settings. It costs about 20 bucks a month for the service and 500 low resolution images. If it starts taking too many pictures, you can tell the camera to increase the delay, or decrease the sensativity. For that matter, you can turn it off as well. Its not cheap, but I have very limited free time, and its a 250 mile round trip to this location. I have a feeder hanging from the tree a few feet in front of the camera.

Here are some pictures it sent me. I dont have any color daytime images yet because I only have it active during the night. I will try to get some today to see how they look. I can tell it to take a pic just about anytime.

I dont have any affiliation with the company. This is something I found that works and thought you might be interested in it.

This is a low resolution image showing the range that it triggered the camera at dusk.
3436301025_b437affa36_o.jpg

A few night shots
3437108206_9aa7ebb36c_o.jpg

One of the first images I got. I changed the camera angle the next day
3430118649_3740da3e37_o.jpg

Re: My new wireless game camera

That is one cool item! Unfortunatly, around here, someone would find it and it would be gone...although you might just have a pic of the guy that took it!

Theft isnt a problem on this property (I thought of that ) Its a half mile to the nearest road, and its not open to any hunters.

Since it "phones home" every time its turned on, you can tell it via the web server when to be active. If its not in that time frame, it shuts itself down. A person would have to know how to change some settings in order to use it as a standard camera. If they could incorporate a GPS into the unit, it would be perfect.

Do you pay a monthly fee for the service, or does it just work when you buy it?

Thanks,
Pat