• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup My Official Bash Thank You Post

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">2010 Fall Shooter's Bash </span>

<span style="font-style: italic">My Official Thank you post … </span>

Wow, where to start, that is the toughest part of this because it took so much to coordinate.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">I want to first thank Rifles Only</span>, a few comments have been made how this match was made to look easy. <span style="font-style: italic">92 shooters in 4 days</span>, at the end of another packed training cycle all the while having construction going on , nothing was easy, yet Lisa & Jacob can make it appear so. The training tempo at Rifles Only is pretty high, normally the months of July & August are slow simply because of the South Texas heat. Well this year Rifles Only built a 6000 sq ft barn that included about 3000 sq ft of Offices, classroom and a Pro Shop. Still to compliment this new construction they added 3 new bathrooms with built in showers for the students that attend class. Work on these projects continued up to the night before the Train Up. It has been non-stop. In between all this work, was the training, on top of that, the coordination of 90+ shooters, the prizes that arrived both early and right up to the last minute and everything else a match entails, easy it is not.

The few days before the match we had 25 people attend the Train Up, this left no time to close the range in order to build targets, and arrange things, so everything was done ahead of time. When I stepped off the plane Saturday, the Targets for 90+ shooters were finished. I can tell you the sunday before Thanksgiving when I left after a block of classes there were no targets, so while eating Turkey Lisa & Jacob made targets for this competition. --- If you think putting on a match is easy, ask yourself what kind of dedication you have to the endeavor, what are you willing to give up in order to succeed.

Lisa and Jacob exemplify professionalism & dedication to this sport.

In all this I believe we hustled the shooters through 25 events including the Helicopter stages, safely, that is the key. We didn't have a single safety issue, for that I want to thank, Lindy, John Lemm, Miles, Kenny and all the people who showed up or stayed behind to help. The second event had it's share of issues, 4 scopes went down, a rifle had the barrel come loose among other small inconveniences, but thanks to these guys we rolled through the problems and kept things moving along. I believe we shot around 140 rifle rounds for each set of matches, which over a 2 day event, is a lot.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Key Sponsors </span>

Guys, I cannot stress this enough, a lot is said about the Sniper's Hide Prize tables, but this is all dependent on you, the readers to Thank these people even if you didn't attend the event. You're support is what helps these guys make the decision to give to our matches. So please, take the time to visit the Rifles Only website or this sponsor section to send an email off to thank the supporters. They are supporting you when they do this so it;s our job to support and thank them.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Barrett </span>
    Again, Barrett has stepped up to the plate, from sponsoring part of the helicopter stage to providing an MRAD for a shot, along with multiple REC 7 rifles. It's clear why they are so highly regarded. Normally when we use a rifle like the REC 7 for the helicopter event the winner takes home the rifle used. Well Barrett offered the winners brand new rifles in their choice of caliber from 6.8 to 5.56. So, I want to personally thank Kyle for bringing all of Barrett's toys down for the competitors to shoot.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bushnell </span>
    This is the second time we had Tom from Bushnell attend the events and he is working so hard to offer products of quality and value to the tactical shooter. These guys, especially Tom is listening. Being a former Ranger, he knows what is needed and doing his damnedest to provide it. They are not resting like some other well known names, but moving forward. I was especially impressed with the Bushnell 1600 ranged a palm tree on the horizon at 1780 yards, then we moved a few feet inside the barn and the range changed to 1786… Guys were outside ranging buzzards in the sky at 450 yards. Bushnell provided the optics on the REC 7 rifles and on the MRAD. The red dots were solid scopes and the prototype FFP Mil / Mil scope with locking turrets was pretty darn cool. I didn't hear a single complaint about any of the glass used thanks to Bushnell.

<span style="font-weight: bold">FNH </span>
    This match FNH provided a rifle for the prize table and it was so awesome that an active duty soldier won it. On top of that, Ben Voss is not only a great shooter, but a heck of a nice guy. He stayed behind and helped with the line and answered questions, passed out T-shirts to everyone at both matches. On hand he had SCARs to look at, FN Tactical 45s to see, <span style="font-style: italic">(Ben, I want one)</span> and generally made it known FNH is interested in the tactical shooter. I really appreciate their support and look forward to working with them again in the future.

<span style="font-weight: bold">GA Precision </span>
    What can you said about George Gardner and GA Precision that hasn't been said already. He never shows up without a rifle in his hand. George has been building guns for Sniper's Hide shoots since the beginning and we truly appreciate his support.

<span style="font-weight: bold">NightHawk Custom </span>
    These guys are relatively new to the custom tactical rifle business but since they started they have been providing us with Top Gun rifles. Well built and in the popular calibers, they were the Top Gun at Match 1 this year and highly recommend people consider them.

<span style="font-weight: bold">APA</span>
    Jered at APA did an outstanding job this year offering up a custom AR15 for the prize table. Truly a custom precision 5.56 the rifle was raffled off to all the shooters of group 2. Please drop Jered a note to thank him and the guys at APA

<span style="font-weight: bold">Surefire </span>
    During the last PR 1&2 class at Rifles Only, Derek from Surefire attended in order to write an article on a DTA rifle. From there it took less than 30 days for Surefire to forward about $20,000 worth of prizes to the table. This included full off suppressors for the top 1, 2, & 3, shooters as well as boxes for each match of flashlights. Not only that Derek again returned and we appreciate his support. So contact Surefire and definitely say thanks, these guys stepped up in a really short period of time with some great prizes.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Outback Welding </span>
    Geordie from Outback went above and beyond this year. He outfitted the entire Rifles Only range from 300 yards to 1000 yards with new steel. His potable stands have 1.5 MOA and 2 MOA targets on them for each yard line and was great to have available. He also provided the range with use of his 4X wheeler, which was invaluable as well he stayed behind and supported the entire match. Outback Welding really

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex, </span>
    This year Scott from Vortex was on hand and we really enjoyed meeting him and that he brought a bunch of stuff for us to use. The spotters, the bins, and the Viper 1-4X which I have in hand. Scott was great to have on hand for everyone and we appreciate the support Vortex has provided Sniper's Hide and its members.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Larue</span>
    To Mark Larue for giving Rifles Only a new set of targets to use on Moving Chaos. That was really nice of Mark to forward them to Rifles Only. Larue knock down targets make scoring easy.

Now I am going to list everyone as we finish sorting out the list, but before i do, I want to thank the other supporters who attended the match. Mark from Storm Tactical, he really helped out a lot. John Huber of Huber Concepts, John answered questions and handed out a bunch of triggers to the competitors and we appreciate his support. Nathan Hunt & Austin Cook from HUDISCO / Zeiss Hensoldt, awesome to have them on site. I have to say the line was pretty solid with Hensoldt scopes this match. Lots of them in fact. Mike Bush from Underground Skunkworks was there to show off his rifles and answer questions. Terry Cross, always a tough competitor and all around nice guy. Terry finished in 9th with an 18" 308… so much for that question. I know I am missing some, like Tony Burkes from TAB, Dave Kerley of TAC Ready, Nick Painter Grand River Tactical… and anyone I forgot please accept my apologies up front just email me and I will add it.

When the final list is up, please send a note, doesn't have to be long, just thanking the sponsors of this match. The list is a work in progress so if you don't see it we'll be adding more.

http://www.riflesonly.com/competitions/2010/1208-32.html

Barrett
    www.barrett.net
    [email protected]
    615-896-2938

SUREFIRE
    www.surefire.com
    [email protected]
    714-545-9444

Bushnell Outdoor Products
    www.bushnell.com
    706-573-7484

G.A. Precision
    www.gaprecision.net
    (816) 221-1844

FNH USA, LLC
    www.FNHUSA.com
    [email protected]
    703-288-1292

American Precision Arms
    www.americanprecisionarms.com
    706-534-1577

Nighthawk Custom
    www.nighthawkcustom.com
    [email protected]
    870-423-4867

Global Defense Initiatives
    www.gdiengineering.com
    [email protected]

Vortex Optics
    www.vortextactical.com
    800-426-0048

TAB GEAR
    www.tabgear.com
    [email protected]
    281-386-9789

SWFA
    www.swfa.com
    [email protected]
    972-726-7348

JW Precision
    jwprecision.ca
    519-317-3401

Suarez Tactical Rifles
    suareztacticalrifles.com
    305-898-0163

McRee's Precision/McRee's Multi Services
    www.mcreesprecision.net
    [email protected]
    573-637-2000

Promisedland Guns
    www.promisedlandguns.com
    [email protected]
    573-437-5061

RW Snyder Guns and Gunsmithing
    rwsnydergunsmithing.com
    [email protected]
    712-655-3819

Phantom Finishing
    phantomfinishing.com
    [email protected]
    925-639-4883

Camera Land, Inc
    cameralandny.com
    [email protected]
    866-9-OPTICS

Controlled Chaos Arms
    www.controlledchaosarms.com
    [email protected]
    515-344-4443

Louisiana Precision Rifles, LLC
    www.louisianaprecisionrifles.com
    [email protected]
    318-422-0421

Ross Precision Gunworks
    www.rossgunworks.com
    [email protected]
    817-768-8867

Storm Tactical, Inc
    www.sormtactical.com
    [email protected]

Primary Arms, LLC
    www.primaryarms.com
    [email protected]
    713-436-5121

Underground Skunkworks, LLC
    www.undergroundsw.com
    [email protected]
    406-250-7163

XLR Industries
    www.slrindustries.com
    [email protected]
    970-985-9150

Outback Welding
    www.obw.co
    [email protected]

Talley Manufacturing, Inc.
    www.talleymanufacturing.com
    [email protected]
    803-854-5700

Rock Creek Barrels, Inc
    www.rockcreekbarrels.com
    [email protected]
    608-862-2357

Triad Tactical
    www.triadtactical.com
    913-669-8553

SRT Supply, Inc
    www.srtsupply.com
    [email protected]
    941-735-7445

Weby Corp
    www.webyshops.com
    [email protected]
    800-851-9329

Borka Tools
    www.borkatools.com
    [email protected]

Big Dog Steel
    www.bigdogsteel.com
    [email protected]
    614-395-8038

HuDisCo
    www.hudisco.com
    [email protected]
    205-690-8470

Liberty Optics
    www.libertyoptics.com
    [email protected]
    406-890-2714

The Better Optics Company
    www.sportoptics.com
    [email protected]
    985-375-1186

KRG - Kinetic Research Group
    www.KRG-OPS.com

Southwest Ammunition
    www.southwestammunition.com
    [email protected]
    480 283-5884

Schryver Gun Sales
    www.schryversgunsales.com
    [email protected]
    815-938-9035

Stiller's Precision Firearms
    www.viperactions.com
    [email protected]
    972-429-5000

Impact Data Books
    www.impactdatabooks.com

B&T Industries, LLC
    www.accu-shot.com
    [email protected]
    316-721-3222

Precision Rifles Solutions
    [email protected]
    281-541-1549 or 281-782-9538

Score High Gunsmithing
    www.scorehi.com
    505-292-5532

Trace Armory Group
    www.tracearmory.com
    [email protected]
    919-428-5265

AZ Precision
    azprecisiongunsmithing.com
    [email protected]
    480-467-8090

Victor Company
    www.victorcompanyusa.com
    [email protected]
    818-472-9460

Surgeon Rifles
    www.surgeonrifles.com
    405-567-0183

USA Ammo
    www.usaammo.com
    [email protected]
    281-864-4776

Hypertex (user name on Sniper's Hide)

R Bros Rifles
    www.rbrosrifles.com
    [email protected]
    360-791-4741

CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com
    [email protected]
    916-670-1103

Suppressed Tactical Solutions
    www.suppressedtacticalsolutions.com
    [email protected]
    956-369-0572

Seekins Precision
    www.seekinsprecision.com
    [email protected]
    208-791-8741

Specialized Dynamics
    www.specializeddynamics.com
    [email protected]
    480-751-4074

Grand River Tactical
    www.grtgear.com
    517-449-7745

Accuracy International North America
    www.accuracyinternational.us

Manners Stocks
    www.mannersstocks.com
    [email protected]
    816-283-3334

Euro Optics LTD
    www.eurooptic.com
    [email protected]
    570-220-3159

Matt D Tactical
    www.mattdtactical.com
    571-277-1103

ACTS, LLC
    www.actsvirginia.com
    [email protected]

Hooper Ordnance
    www.hooperordnance.com
    [email protected]
    1-888-249-0884

WL Carter Company
    [email protected]
    979-696-3662

Delta Outdoorsman
    www.deltaoutdoorsman.com

AAdland Engineering, LLC
    shop.aadmount.com/main.sc

High Caliber Sales
    www.highcalibersales.com
    [email protected]
    317-430-1856

Tac-Ready
    www.tacready.com
    [email protected]
    650-646-3410

Thoroughbred Rifles LLC
    www.thoroughbredrifles.com

Mark "Short Action" Gordon
    Short Action Customs
    Precision Rifle and AR-15 services
    (440) 309-0085
    [email protected]

Re: My Official Bash Thank You Post

Hate I had to miss it. RO is always a blast, and it's impressive how much everyone puts into it.

Had a great time meeting all you guys and shooting the shit with you.

To Jacob, Lisa, Frank, Lindy, and all you others that made the match what it is. We @ HDC want to extend a heartfelt Thankyou. It was really a breeze and we were majorily impressed with how smooth it ran.

To all the sponsors that had prizes on the table, Thankyou for supporting the match and giving back to the shooting community. I dont think anything that you could ever want was left out, so I would ask that you support the guys who support you when it comes time to buy the latest and greatest high speed gear.

We look forward to seeing you guys in the Spring at the Cup.

And likewise if we can ever help any of you guys, please feel free to give us a call, even if it isnt about scopes.

Austin and Nathan @ HDC

Jacob and Lisa, you always treat me like family. I've told you that face-to-face several times I hope you hear the sincerity in my voice when I say it.

Lindy, thanks for your hard work! I think we need to change your name to "Mover Maintenance Magician". Sorry you were forced to drink all that bug wash in the evenings, lol. I'll bring you some Buffalo Trace for The Cup
    smile.gif

John, Miles, Kenny and all the other Safety Officers, big thanks to you!

Huge thanks to all the sponsors! Thank you very much!

Frank, I appreciate your hard work. Please leave my velcro patches alone at the next match! The gathering of industry and esprit de corps that you, Jacob, and Lisa create is hard to duplicate. It's like a mini-SHOT but way better.

Guys, RO is really looking good. Lots of new amenities, classrooms, fancy electronic gadgets (I'm a gadget whore - ask Jacob), and plenty of wind and changing DA for everyone. If you are on the fence about going - GO.

If I forgot anyone, PM me and I'll add it to the list. My brain is vapor-locked right now. Anyway, thank you everybody.

<span style="font-size: 8pt">(Lisa you were right about that bipod. The new Atlas V-8 served me well in the match. It's too bad it has to be made by Kasey. You ever met that guy? He's kinda weird, you know?)</span>

Thank you to Frank,Jacob,Lisa ,Lindy and to the other range officers & others that helped make it all possible.I do not know all of your names. But thank you to all for putting on such a great,fun& safe competition.

Thanks to you Frank, Jacob and Lisa for a wonderful shoot and the amount of time obviously put in to make this work for the shooters!

I'm just sad it's over:( I had a blast so thanks Frank, Jacob, Lisa, Lindy, the crew, and especially the sponsors. Those Larues sure were small on Chaos!!! LOL

I am having RO withdrawals. I left depressed. I literally would live out there if Jacob and Lisa would allow it.

Thank you to all of RO and the guys and gal that made this match happen. I cannot describe the satisfaction I got to be able to send rounds down range on such a great range. The amount of work and effort to get the match going had to of been tremendous.

Thanks again and see you soon.

Sounds like a great Match!!! I really wish I was able to be there.

Thank you to Frank, Jacob, and Lisa for putting it on. I have been hearing a lot of great feedback from a lot of the shooters.

Mike @ CST

Wish I knew this was going down, would have loved to take my amateur butt there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I knew this was going down, would have loved to take my amateur butt there. </div></div>You should come down for the 'Cup. The match was, again, top notch; the sponsors were some of the best in the industry; and the competitiors were, for the most part, people I would be honored to call friends.

I sure did miss everybody!!! See you at the Cup RG!!

Jacob and Lisa (and Lindy and RO staff),

RO is simply amazing and getting better and better. I was watching some shooters out there of all ages, and their textbook position, trigger control, and safe handling was the best I have seen anywhere. I complimented a young man running a gas gun whose trigger reset and control was perfect, and his response was, "Jacob beat that into me." Can't add more to that, Jacob is turning out some serious quality and very safe shooters down there.

The 22 hour drive each way was well worth it just to hang out with like-minded folks, and see some top-notch shooters and industry leaders in person.

We were very honored to help out a little, and be a small part assisting this organization that is providing top matches, and training serious shooters nationwide.

Frank,
    Keep up the good work. You are doing a superb job assisting this sport's prestige and growth.

Thanks also to all fellow vendors. The prize tables were off the charts. Literally every shooter got to walk away with cool gear from both matches.

Merry Christmas, and see you all in 2011!

Mark