• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My oldest and a MkII

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Just a nice day with my favorite spotter/student:

BTVS_2950.jpg

BTVS_2951.jpg

john_2956.jpg

The box is the pistol target we were using.

john_2958.jpg

Here is what we were shooting at:
john_2956_1.jpg

It's about 50 yards away. He hit it more often than not. It's his first time on a scoped rifle. He's a dead-eye with open sights. Looks like he is going to be an expert with a scope too. He didn't think he was going to be able to hit the target until I got him on the scope and had him try.

Re: My oldest and a MkII

Nice photos. How old is your boy?

That is some crazy ass looking spotting scope you have there. Looks like you could see little green men on Mars with that thing.

Re: My oldest and a MkII

He's just turned seven. He usually keeps his heels down. We just started unsupported prone with his Savage Cub. I still need to get him a sling. He was not originally going to shoot today. This was more about teaching him to be a spotter, but I felt bad so I got him on it. I think he just got fiddly because I wasn't letting him shoot while I was taking pics.

The Spotter is a Kruger "Lynx APR". Liberty was selling them awhile back. It was a failed bid for a Navy Contract. It's a boat anchor and definitely not a Swarovski or Zeiss. It's got a projected Mil reticle in it that I can have on or off. It feels like it would take one hell of a drop. IIRC it's a 14-50x. I usually keep it on 30-40x but at 50 yards 14x only gave me about a 3' FOV.

Here he is on the spotter:
john_2955.jpg