• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My ongoing build

Afkirby

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Mechanicsville, MD
I'm surprised it's taken me this long to post anything about my rifle. It started as a 16" Delton Hbar with a Fulton Armory Lower, RRA Butt stock and Dpms lpk, but it has taken a turn to the more precision rifle side of the AR world. I wish I had decided to build it this way from the beginning, would have saved me some money, and it would probably be finished.

Here is how it stands now

Fulton Armory Lower
DPMS Lower Parts Kit
RRA Buttstock
MOE Grip

DelTon Upper
DelTon BCG
DelTon Charging Handle
White Oak Armament 20" CMP Match Barrel
White Oak Rifle Gas Tube
Daniel Defense Lite Rail 12.0
Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block
Magpul MBUS

Upgrades to come

Geissele SSA
Better Bolt Carrier Group
Magpul ACS or A2 Buttstock
Larue SPR 1.5
A scope, not sure what kind, a Vortex PST or Leupold mk4 probably, especially if I can find a deal for around $600

So any suggestions from the crowd?

IMAG0006.jpg

Re: My ongoing build

Looks pretty good. For the scope, jump on that SWFA group buy for the 3-9x. That scope is an excellent choice for an AR and it has everything you need to start shooting right away.

Re: My ongoing build

Awesome...I want that barrel on mine.

IMHO I'd go with a higher power scope for that long tube and with the assumption that you might be picking off vermin at long range.

Mine has a 5-15 Bushnell Legend "cheapo" on my varmint AR and I regularly use the 15X shooting prairie dogs. I may not "need" it but I use it. A Mark4 4.5-14 would be tons better.

I have a Hogue rubber grip and fat finger trigger guard and really like both of them for winter yotes and cold weather prairie dog shooting. Something to think about.

Awesome rifle.