• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Only Issue with Stainless Tumbling...

atlsniper6.5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Marietta, GA
The .255" long media consistently wedge themselves in the mouth of my 260 Rem brass. I have to pop them all out, one at a time with a toothpick before I rinse the brass off. Anyone have a crafty solution for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sizing before you tumble or after? You shouldn't have any issues if you size after you tumble.

Like the instructions state, when pins are found stuck, I toss them. Eventually the issue resides, though with .264" cases, it seems to happen more often. A first world problem...

The .255" long media consistently wedge themselves in the mouth of my 260 Rem brass. I have to pop them all out, one at a time with a toothpick before I rinse the brass off. Anyone have a crafty solution for this?

I've only really had that happen with 223 brass from time to time, but not very often. But what I usually do is rinse everything off well in the media separator, then dump everything on a dry towel. I then run a strong magnet over all of the brass to check for any hidden media. If media is stuck in any of the cases, the cases will stick to the magnet. I then shake it out; rarely does it get stuck to the point where I have to pick them out. Your media is not getting stuck lengthwise right? When mine gets stuck, it is bunched together in the mouth.

I've only really had that happen with 223 brass from time to time, but not very often. But what I usually do is rinse everything off well in the media separator, then dump everything on a dry towel. I then run a strong magnet over all of the brass to check for any hidden media. If media is stuck in any of the cases, the cases will stick to the magnet. I then shake it out; rarely does it get stuck to the point where I have to pick them out. Your media is not getting stuck lengthwise right? When mine gets stuck, it is bunched together in the mouth.

Yes, it gets stuck in the mouth lengthwise. You probably wouldn't experience it if you aren't shooting a 6.5.

Are you sizing before you tumble or after? You shouldn't have any issues if you size after you tumble.

Either way, I would run them through again to get the lube off. I suppose I could get one of the bushings that doesn't require
lube to eliminate the second tumbling.

Like the instructions state, when pins are found stuck, I toss them. Eventually the issue resides, though with .264" cases, it seems to happen more often. A first world problem...

LOL - definitely a first world problem. I'll start tossing the ones that get stuck. Thanks!

i sorta have the same problem with my Iphone getting stuck in the pocket of my skinny jeans, it really sucks but i dont want to change pants because it makes my ass like great 9according to my wife)maybe time to get a smaller phone.
cheers.

i sorta have the same problem with my Iphone getting stuck in the pocket of my skinny jeans, it really sucks but i dont want to change pants because it makes my ass like great 9according to my wife)maybe time to get a smaller phone.
cheers.

u8ahuru8.jpg

If the pins were shorter then they would get stuck in smaller caliber cases, "BUT" these pins can be bought in different lengths and diameters.

You have three choices, change calibers, buy shorter pins or don't worry about it.

And remember your cases have several "holes" and you could reverse the problem. (in Italian this is called an innuendo)
facepalm_zpsf5c6ea89.gif

pinsinflashholes_zpsa5be7728.jpg

Yep ... happens to me all the time which forces me to check each one individually but IMHO it's worth it! They are shiny clean inside and out!