• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My out of the box spin on machined reloading trays: modular and "open"

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
I like nice things, and billet trays certainly fit that bill nicely. However, they are constrained to one cartridge size, and powder easily gets stuck in them making brass sit crooked. So I came up with something a bit different....a stackable, two piece tray with an interchangeable top plate, held off by spacers for an open-sided design. We made a test batch before these that was a combo of waterjetting and milling, and they work great. To enhance the aesthetic appeal a bit, these are fully machined, lightly polished, hardcoated with a clear anodize for extra durability and a lasting finish, and finally laser engraved with a logo and top plate size. Sure, a molded tray is a lot cheaper and does mostly the same thing...but for something that's being used often, they are exceptionally nice and have some unique benefits.

eQynA1V.jpg

LPtDjZ7.jpg

Would love to hear your thoughts! 50 and 100 round trays are coming down the road.

Last edited: