• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My own little intro

cynologist

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2022
Virginia, USA
So I've run into this forum now and then many times over the years when reading up on various things, and I thought it was high time I go ahead and make an account here. I was briefly into precision shooting years ago when I had easy access to a 1000-yard range, but when I moved to Virginia I kinda fell out of it. Lately though I've been itching to get back into long range shooting, so I've got a new AT308 ordered that I'm waiting to receive, and in the meantime I'm shopping for an appropriate scope to pair it with, and brushing up on things that I think I need brushing up. While I don't do precision shooting professionally, I do occasionally carry an M4 for my gov day job, and I keep proficient in that regard. I spent over a decade in the Army before calling it quits, most relevantly as a 13F (forward observer) in the 82nd during the surge with 12 months in Afghanistan, but these days I'm just a hobbyist who likes to look back with rose-tinted glasses.
Anyway I'm not really sure what else should go in this post. I'm sure I'll just be a lurker for a while but I hope eventually to be able to contribute to technical discussions in some kind of meaningful way. Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23