• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision my PVS 14 randomly decided to go dim??..

Dallas4rceMarine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2011
Dallas, TX
The other night I was headed out to shoot the raccoons that have been going to my feeder and eating all the corn at night. I do a quick op check of my NVG's and eotech and all is good. I mount the PVS 14 behind my eotech and head out the door. The image in the 14 is nice and bright and I can see everything, I get to my tree stand and start climbing the ladder, when I get to the seat i look through the NVG's to see how clearly i can see the feeder and they are dim. I turn it off, turn it back on, check the IR light and the gain, nothing makes it bright again. I get mad thinking that maybe it was bad batteries but as soon as I got back I put new ones in and there is no change.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Is there a way to fix it without having to send it back to the manufacturer?

I bought these a little less than 2 years ago and they are gen 3+ and the manufacturer identification number is 13567.

I dont remember who made it but that number should say. I also haven't even used these that much as I have been back and forth overseas a few times and these mostly sit in my safe so I know I didn't use them enough to burn them out.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks.

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

When you vary the gain, is there any change in brightness? Does it get even dimmer or does the gain knob no longer function at all?

As for the manufacturer, Cage 13567 is ITT. Which model of PVS 14 is this?

I was told it was a Gen 3+ tube, and on the side of the NVG is this:
AN/PVS-14
MONOCULAR NIGHT
VISION DEVICE
MFG IDENT: 13567
CONT. NO.
NSN 5855-01-432-0524
SERIAL NO. 78342

last night I noticed that if I turn the gain all the way down and then slowly start to turn it up it gets brighter for the first quarter turn and then flashes a little bit and then there is no change for the rest of the turns in the gain knob. I would like to get this figured out so that I can use this not only for hunting but to practice for an upcoming shooting qual I need to pass to keep my job!

thanks for the help!

Hey buddy, this is Pop. You are dealing with the right guy on this. Pete is also a former Marine. I would drop him a PM with a phone number, and get it worked out.

Welcome back and good luck on the shooting although I know you will have no problem.

Pete, Give him a hand my friend

Shooter

will do. Ive been out of state training and Id really like to have these fixed so I can use them for the short time ill have home in december before my next trip.
thanks Pops!