• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s My Range Experience Today

CommAV8OR

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
Nanticoke, PA, USA
Was doing some dots at 200 and a guy and his daughter showed up to shoot for a hunt "next week" in "wyoming" for
"who the %&^* knows."
Anyway, he wanted to walk down to see her work.
On the walk back, "is that a bull barrel?"
My answer.....Nope...it's a COW.
His answer....Is that a new cast?
My answer.....Yup!
His question...Who makes COW barrels now? This gun is a .243?
My answer....Most Farmers.
(Just %*&$(*^ with him of course)
Where is "NOBODY" when you need him. LOL

Re: My Range Experience Today

Admins, etc. Please don't ban me for this. After a pain of a day at work and seeing a slicker try to talk guns...I couldn't resist.
I doubt he's a hide member.

I met a real life sniper at the range one time...he was talking about all his long range shots he took and how cool he is. i wish i could remember all the crap coming from his mouth cause it was quite humerous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CommAV80R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was doing some dots at 200 and a guy and his daughter showed up to shoot for a hunt "next week" in "wyoming" for
"who the %&^* knows."
Anyway, he wanted to walk down to see her work.
On the walk back, "is that a bull barrel?"
My answer.....Nope...it's a COW.
His answer....Is that a new cast?
My answer.....Yup!
His question...Who makes COW barrels now? This gun is a .243?
My answer....Most Farmers.
(Just %*&$(*^ with him of course)
Where is "NOBODY" when you need him. LOL </div></div>

That's funny cause I'm going on a hunt in Wyoming next week...

Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but I don't get what your saying? Are you saying you were having a bad day and taking it out on a random guy at the range?

Where can I get one of these COW barrels? Never heard of it... and I've seen just about everything there is to see on the internet...

i had a guy at the range claiming to be a deputy at the same agency i work for(he doesnt work there), and a ex seal team 6 member, shooting a AR30 338 lapua at 50 yards with a 25x scope...he said he couldnt get to 100 yards without more magnification lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can I get one of these COW barrels? Never heard of it... and I've seen just about everything there is to see on the internet... </div></div>

Don't have a COW - it's super secret technology!
cool.gif
LOL

You should come out to California sometime. We have thousands of people like that out here talking it up. It's usually the guys that show up all geared out with the nice new digital camo pants and clean shooting mats. They usually shoot ARs with a mountain of crap stuck on every rail they could fit on it. Or have a tricked out .338 with all the bells and whistles, with the balistics apps for their iPhones.

TypeR632 - I wouldn't say I was taking out a bad day on him, more like blowing off a little steam by having fun at someone else's expense. I wasn't degrading or demeaning, just thinking of him looking up who makes cow barrels later that day. LOL

groovebus - are those the same guys who wear a tactical vest with about 9 mags packed with 30 rounds each that litter the range with their spent steel cases as they spray and pray then don't pick up their spent cases or targets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CommAV80R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

CommAV80R Offline
SA
<span style="font-weight: bold">Registered: May 11, 2011</span>
</div></div>

Interesting that you are all that familiar with the colloquialistic adventures of NOBODY with the registration date you have.......puts a little blip on the troll radar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CommAV80R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

CommAV80R Offline
SA
</div></div>

Interesting that you are all that familiar with the colloquialistic adventures of NOBODY with the registration date you have.......puts a little blip on the troll radar. </div></div>

Well the BLIP BLIP! And get it repaired while you're at it.
I'm a lot of things, but I AM NOT A TROLL.

Reading the threads, posting only when I though I could add something funny (in the team room) or useful (in the marksmanship threads) has been the name of the game for me since I joined the hide.
I came upon NOBODY's legacy while reading posts and exchanging PM's with other members. That lead to watching his youtube video on breaking in a gun...hence the name cow barrel and reference to him. Any other observations you would like for me to clarify? Also, my register date is 05/12/11 not 05/11/11.
Best:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CommAV80R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CommAV80R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

CommAV80R Offline
SA
</div></div>

Interesting that you are all that familiar with the colloquialistic adventures of NOBODY with the registration date you have.......puts a little blip on the troll radar. </div></div>

Well the BLIP BLIP! And get it repaired while you're at it.
I'm a lot of things, but I AM NOT A TROLL.

Reading the threads, posting only when I though I could add something funny (in the team room) or useful (in the marksmanship threads) has been the name of the game for me since I joined the hide.
I came upon NOBODY's legacy while reading posts and exchanging PM's with other members. That lead to watching his youtube video on breaking in a gun...hence the name cow barrel and reference to him. Any other observations you would like for me to clarify? Also, my register date is 05/12/11 not 05/11/11.
Best:) </div></div>

Hmmm.

5/12/11 you say???
wink.gif

And yes, I am newer than you:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CommAV80R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

CommAV80R Offline
SA
</div></div>

Interesting that you are all that familiar with the colloquialistic adventures of NOBODY with the registration date you have.......puts a little blip on the troll radar.</div></div>

yeah a little blip is right. He is now a festering boil using the name Voracious.

His new name is Voracious? Gotta look up some of his posts. Good info phoenix.

Update: Found some posts and am already laughing again. Thanks again phoenix.

That's about as good as the guy next to me over the weekend using a Caldwell Lead Sled with a Ruger 10-22.
I could not resist asking him: "Really can't feel any recoil with that lead sled do ya, bud?"