• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My recent AR10 build

ChadL

Learning.
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Lincoln, NE
I've wanted to build an AR10 for quite sometime. I finally got off my ass and over the last few weeks put together my AR10. I decided to go with 6.5 Creedmoor. I would've had it together sooner, but the Cerakoter I really like was backlogged. Took a month to get it back. Worth the wait through, he does a great job. The build is as follows.

Aero Precision M5E1 enhanced builders kit in mlok. Was black now OD Green.
Rubber City armory Titanium BCG
Dracos barrel - 6.5 Creedmoor
JP Silent capture Spring
TriggerTech Diamond trigger
Magpul Gen3 prs stock.
Ergo grip tactical deluxe.
Zero Compromise 420 MPCT 2 reticle
ARC 20moa Mount

AR10.jpg

I ran two boxes of Prime through it yesterday. Ran great. Had a little issue for the first few rounds. The bolt wouldn't lock in the lugs. I had to drop the magazine and manually charge the bolt and then it would lock and fire. However, after literally one mag it settled in and ran great after that.

How’s that Dracos barrel treating you so far?

Not to shabby. I didn't take any pics of the target because the range was ridiculously busy (hunters). I ended up leaving the target. Looking through my scope I'd say I was somewhere between .75 and 1.00 moa. I wasn't trying to hard. I generally don't start worrying about acccuracy until I'm 200-300 rounds into the rifle.

Last edited:
Try some Berger ammo 130 Hybrids.

Shot fantastic out of my AR-10. A little on the hot side.

Reactions: ChadL
Operates fine. If you've shot a TT diamond on a bolt gun this trigger has a very similar feel. Heavier factory set pull weight, though adjustable. I haven't touched the pull weight yet. I've read concerns with it being able to detonate AR10 cartridges, but so far so good.....though we're only talking 40 rounds thus far.

I really hate cherry picking a group but I’m going to now :)

I was trying out a different ammo. I bought some Hornady American gunner. For a lower cost ammo I’m pretty impressed. I’m still learning to shoot semi autos (with precision and accuracy in mind) and it took me a few groups to settle in.

6 shot group.

Ignore the two holes that aren’t on the target. Those were from a different shooting session.

Now I need to do this more than once :)

Attachments

• 8F257EA5-AFF6-4D5E-A281-D1FA376A5A4E.jpeg
    8F257EA5-AFF6-4D5E-A281-D1FA376A5A4E.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 37