• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Rem 40x.

SuperSeal110

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2005
Michigan
Rem 40x HB .22lr.
USMC Return stock, all matching #'s.
Tally low rings
Leupold VXIII 6.5-20*40 AO/TT.

Range report this weekend.

DSCI0541-1.jpg

Re: My Rem 40x.

Only thing I did to make it fit correctly was to take the bolt release lever off the trigger. Was rubbing on the trigger guard.

I didn't want to grind the original release lever.

I do have a modified bolt release lever on another 700 trigger I may swap and put on the 40x trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem 40x HB .22lr.
USMC Return stock, all matching #'s.
Tally low rings
Leupold VXIII 6.5-20*40 AO/TT.

Range report this weekend.

DSCI0541-1.jpg
</div></div>

Very nice! I plan to do something similar with my Remington 40X HB .22lr rimfire trainer.

Finally got a chance to shoot the 40x today.

I ended up taking the Talley low rings off. I had a spare Badger 20moa base that was collecting dust. Also installed some Burris Signature rings. In the spring, I'm planning on buying some Seekin 1" low rings.

Only had some cheap .22lr ammo with me. Federal 550 bulk and Federal Eagle stuff.

40x shot the 550 bulk about 3/4" @ 50yds.

40x Shot the Fed Eagle stuff, decently. These two groups were 7 shot groups @ 50yds. Just a bidpod and hand for rear support.
DSC_0138.jpg

I'm sure it'll shoot better with quality ammo. Going to purchase a box or two of Wolf match and see how it likes it.

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

Your CZ shot very well this summer when Brad brought it down. I was pretty impressed with it.