• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my rem 700 vs 22 250 :)

shootindude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
in the back country of Oregon
So i shot my first competition this weekend on saturday. I decided to give it a go with my ol remmy, and enetered the stock class and the factory rifle class at a local shoot. I was very very nervous as this was my 1st shoot against other people and i had un knowingly entered a class that i would be shooting against custom rifles. Well my vs 22 250 hasnt had a dang thing done to it except lighter trigger pull. For the factory class I scored a 480 out of 525 possible from 100 and 200 yard targets. I actually got 3rd place out of 16. I was super excited as i thought i did horrible until i saw everyone else s targets. I found out that the guys that buy all these expensive hs precision custom rifles and there nosler built customs really dont matter if they dont know how to use the damn thing lol. i have a nikko stirling 10x scope on my coyote gun and they were running nf and vortex scopes but didnt seem like they knew how to adjust them or use them properly. Anyways i didnt fair so well in my stock class as it was getting overcast out and i was having a hard time seeing the grey targets in my dim scope. Time to upgrade optics but none the less i am hooked on the occasional shoot.
Any tips from you guys on actual shooting against other people? I know the normal be relaxed, breathe, shoot, dont worry about them just do what you know how to do. Any way to get rid of the nervousness?