• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns My Ruger LC9 came in today... I need extra mags.

Xshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Evansville, WI
My FFL called and I went over to fill out the paper work. He wasn't able to locate extra mags, so I'm hoping some Hide member has a line on where I can buy a couple.

Re: My Ruger LC9 came in today... I need extra mags.

Other than the manufacturer, Midway says in stock 8/28. Looks like Brownell's doesn't even carry them yet.

I've got it setup so Midway emails me when their back in stock. I really what the finger tab on the bottom.

Range report? How's this thing handle and what's it feel like to shoot? I've been interested in these since I heard about them, but I haven't made time to handle one yet. Would it make a good pocket-size gun for when IWB is impractical, or is it too big? Thanks, and good luck on your mag hunt. I had a helluva time getting extra mags for the M&P 40 compact when I got one.

First stop would be midwayusa, then I'd give 'ol cheaper than dirt a try, and then I guess i might try cabelas or something like that.

I'll provide a review of how it works out for me. All my other pistols are full frame. Now that we CCW in Wisconsin, I wanted something to slip inside my pocket or jacket.

Recently tried one at the range. As you would expect, because of its small size, it has pretty snappy recoil. Thats the only negative I can say except for, yes, it needs to come with an extra mag. On the positve side, I found it to be extremely accurate for a pocket pistol which I attribute to the large usable sites. Great concealability. The one I shot was 100% reliable out of the box, the owner didn't even clean or lube.

Does this gun fit in jean pockets?

It fits inside my jean comfortably. I'm 6' 2" 195lbs, but I wear loose fitting jeans - not the tight Levi's. Besides... I like the extra crotch room for the junk. Cargo pants or shorts are no problem.

For the same reason I buy extra springs, firing pins, and ejectors for all my firearms.
wink.gif

I just got the LC9 and its a great little back up, and conceals easy. As stated it is snappy on the recoil, but not bad. It is accurate, and the sights are very nice. You dont have to worry about tripping on the spent cases, because it launches them about 30 feet away! I got the crimson trace laser and it dosn't take up much space ( Thanks Promotive ),