• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Ruger Precision Rimfire..

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
Hello folks been awhile !Got a little busy with life an all.Anyway decided to buy this RPR to get back to the mix of Precision shooting and I think I finally had it set up the way I want it..3x9x40 BDC Nikon scope,YH Mite suppressor and bipod..

Attachments

• A9F8A3B9-DEC9-4E25-9E2D-5241F1DEDC5C.jpeg
    A9F8A3B9-DEC9-4E25-9E2D-5241F1DEDC5C.jpeg
    664 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: JKW70
You'll get better results from 10 round magazines - especially if you unwind the spring a little. Mine doesn't shoot so well with any high velocity ammo - best results from Wolf Match and CCI Standard Velocity so far. I personally didn't care for the bolt knob much - I like the longer and more slender one I replaced it with a whole lot more.

So I was able to Sight-In at 25 yards but the spot on app said I should Sight-In 1.83 inches high to be zero at 100yards??is that about right??

Attachments

• FA0A29F0-D84E-41C9-8C6C-1EFC84EC2BDB.jpeg
    FA0A29F0-D84E-41C9-8C6C-1EFC84EC2BDB.jpeg
    595.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 937A2F33-13AA-4854-BA1C-FF4C3CE580D4.png
    937A2F33-13AA-4854-BA1C-FF4C3CE580D4.png
    356.3 KB · Views: 60
For 22LR I would use a 50 yard zero. Most shots taken in rimfire matches are between 25 - 200 yards. This will save you from having to dial down/hold under as much.

Any suggestions will be appreciated thanks..

Rather than plow old ground, there's a thread on page 2 entitled "Ruger Precision Rimfire Mods." You may want to take a look to see what others have done.

Good luck with the rifle, I hope you enjoy it. I've had mine for a year now, and I've enjoyed it immensely, but it's taken over 5,000 rounds and some "southern engineering" to get it to where it shoots very good at 50 yards. I may have to go to an aftermarket barrel for further distances though.

@Booner1334 I put an ER Shaw barrel on mine and it hammers out to 300. One ragged hole at 50. It is definitely worth the couple hundred bucks for the upgrade.

Thank you.
I'm pretty happy with my 50 yards groups with SK match at 50 yards, which average around 3/8 of an inch. But the same ammo at 100 yards is pretty close to 2 inches.

I'm thinking a 20 inch Shaw is in my future. I've been reading the thread on aftermarket barrels with interest.

So I was able to Sight-In at 25 yards but the spot on app said I should Sight-In 1.83 inches high to be zero at 100yards??is that about right??

You may want to reconsider your scope reticle for precision shooting.
I like Nikon scopes, I just don't care for their BDC reticles as I think they hide the target too much. I used to live out west where my favorite reactive targets were prairie dogs. IMO, there is no better target for judging wind and distance than PD's.

I found the BDC reticle is just too busy, too hard to aim acuratly at distance to satisfy me. I'm sure they're pretty good for deer hunting, but for accuracy shooting at distance...? But then, at 66 years of age, I find I like a very fine cross hair with mildots and plenty of magnification.