• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Savage 10FP in Manners T3 stock!

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Love it... This is one of my favorite rifles, mostly because it's such a cheap ass piece of shit that shoots sooooooo good. Well, now with the addition of the Manners T3 stock and CDI bottom metal, I can't play the cheap ass piece of shit card so much.. LOL

Love the stock, fits like a glove, really took the uglies out of 'ol gurl...

BIG thanks to Tom and Todd @ Manners Stocks for the great stock. Todd did a killer job on the paint and bedding.

DSC_1254.jpg

DSC_1255.jpg

Re: My Savage 10FP in Manners T3 stock!

Awesome, looks great. Ordered a Manner's for myself and can't wait to get it!

I can't decide between that stock and the B&C M40 stock. I don't have ample $$ to throw at my project with 2 young boys.

very nice.what color is the barreled action and what paint.that is a nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't decide between that stock and the B&C M40 stock. I don't have ample $$ to throw at my project with 2 young boys. </div></div>

I hated the B&C stock I had...

Very nice. I've been waiting since 12/6/10 to get my Manners for my Savage 110. Hopefully Todd is painting and bedding it as we speak.

It's worth the wait. I know it gets hard waiting, but I'm happy as can be with the finished product.

Very nice, I like it. I have a Stevens that I just put in a HSP PST114 and its too benchrest style for me, I hope to soon replace it with a MCS-T.

Very nice. Glad to see more options for Savage shooters. Can you post of close up pic of how the CDI turned out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. Glad to see more options for Savage shooters. Can you post of close up pic of how the CDI turned out?

</div></div>

DSC_1254-1.jpg

DSC_1255-1.jpg

looks great, glad to see another savage get treated right.

I'm gonna give another vote to Manners over B&C.

My rifle came with one. Not only did the stock feel flimsy, the bedding block wasn't even true; placing the action in a bind.

I waited for a Manners T and had it bedded by a local gunsmith. The end result freaking rocks. The rifle feels SO much more solid and its shot to shot consistency far surpasses what it had with the B&C stock.

If you have to settle for a B&C, have someone take a skim cut off the bedding block, drill for pillars, and have someone properly bed it with Devcon Liquid Steel, Hysol EA 9694, or a similar high-strength industrial epoxy.

And now for the obligatory Manners money shot (excuse the Howa 1500)

howa1500brown.jpg

Is that a Schmidt and Spender on top of your "Cheap ass piece of shit", I thought my NF looked out of place on my Stevens. Seriously that is a nice rig, I went the same route with a Choate stock and really like it. Jeff at CDI has been outstanding to deal with.

It's a chicom knock off S&B that I got off of eBay.

Held this rifle today, it feels like one solid piece. Great piece of gear. Even if the owner has complete disregard for course of fire. . . . .

Congrats bro, its finally back home.

I've had two in the works since Dec 23rd. . . Come ooon phone call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhopkins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope to soon replace it with a MCS-T. </div></div>

I am patiently (oh what the hell ever) waiting for mine!! There are gonna be ALOT of pictures of my rifle on here when that happens... WHEN it happens that is.

DK

What's your opinion of the XLR cheek piece? I'm ordering one for mine Monday.

Looks good, and I'm not a Savage fan either.
I'm also on the waiting list for 2 T-4A's. Been patiently waiting since 12-2.....................

Nice 10FP you have there!

How can you not be a cheap ass piece of shit fan when they shoot like that? They really are a novelty aren't they?

Nice rifle. You gotta be lovin' that.

I still have the accu-trigger and a Falcon Menace on mine. I'm thinking I will keep it that way just because it over-performs so well, even though it is in a McM stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't decide between that stock and the B&C M40 stock. I don't have ample $$ to throw at my project with 2 young boys. </div></div>

Here, let me clarify things for you:

You don't have money to waste on crap with 2 young boys. Get the Manners.

Nice setup JRo, nothing like a swichbarrel slumming laser eh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did your action sit crooked in your B&C? Mine does pretty bad. </div></div>

I've also had this problem. The forend flat part of my B&C A2 is crooked. The bolt side is "lower" than the left side. Using a bipod is a pain in the ass, as I have to have the left bipod leg extended more than the right one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did your action sit crooked in your B&C? Mine does pretty bad. </div></div>

I've also had this problem. The forend flat part of my B&C A2 is crooked. The bolt side is "lower" than the left side. Using a bipod is a pain in the ass, as I have to have the left bipod leg extended more than the right one. </div></div>

I think your idea of crooked and others differ very much!
smile.gif
couldnt resist that one!

As far as how it shoots, it shot two 5 shot groups in a match once, smaller being 1.040", other not far behind. I found this pic from a long time ago when I was doing load development for it. It's not bad either.

25Sept300ygroup.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's your opinion of the XLR cheek piece? I'm ordering one for mine Monday. </div></div>

great for what it costs... mine is mounted just a tad far back for my taste but works like a kisser button on a bow. i just put the corner of my mouth on the end of the cheek piece and my head hits the same position every single time. money well spent.

bolt nob is just a tactical bolt knob from brownells... its aftermarket, but no manufacturer is listed.

the muzzle break is factory savage, came w/ the barreled action off a fcp

Your wallet will be cussing until you actually get to shoot the thing... then all the hurting will go away, and a HUGE smile will show up on your face. Go for it!!

DK

That is an amazing looking stick you have there. I'm just wondering how much it took to do those upgrades?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is an amazing looking stick you have there. I'm just wondering how much it took to do those upgrades? </div></div>

It wasn't too bad. If you think about it, why not spend some money on a rifle that is as accurate And reliable as this one has been. It doesn't matter how much the base rifle cost.

I think the stock Just like it sits would run you $550-600 with the paint, I think CDI BM is about $230 w/o mag IIRC. So considerably less than $1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did your action sit crooked in your B&C? Mine does pretty bad. </div></div>

I've also had this problem. The forend flat part of my B&C A2 is crooked. The bolt side is "lower" than the left side. Using a bipod is a pain in the ass, as I have to have the left bipod leg extended more than the right one. </div></div>

I think your idea of crooked and others differ very much!
smile.gif
couldnt resist that one! </div></div>

Haha, I sympathize. But seriously. The right side of the fore end on my B&C is probably as much as 3 millimeters thicker than the left. Just have to keep that left bipod leg a little longer.
wink.gif

My Bell/Carlson Medalist's fit and finish was good. The barrel channel inletting needed a little work. The stock was contacting the bottom of the barrel right in front of the barrel nut, and the gaps weren't equal from one side to the other. A hunk of dowel with some 80 grit sandpaper wrapped around it made short work.

I used a 60 grit tootsie roll to remove a little material from the bedding block, and to rough it up, then used Hysol epoxy to bed it in.

Took the rifle from 1 MOA to better than .5 MOA. Best 5 shot group I've shot is .32 MOA.

Proneshooter: I've never seen anyone else ever mention Hysol epoxy before on this board, and I've been trashed on this forum before for suggesting it. It is a superior product to Marine Tex, JB Weld and Devcon.

Another tip for a Savage is to replace the action screws with quality Socket head cap screws, that have been hand-trimmed to the absolute MAX possible length...in particular, the rear action screw. I think I was able to get 2 full threads more engagement between screw and action by doing this.

And still another Savage tip is to use a 3M scotchbrite wheel to fair-in and radius the forward edges and corners of the bolt head. Doing so made my action feel considerably smoother as the bolt head passes into the forward end of the receiver, and also when beginning to lock the bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Proneshooter: I've never seen anyone else ever mention Hysol epoxy before on this board, and I've been trashed on this forum before for suggesting it. It is a superior product to Marine Tex, JB Weld and Devcon.</div></div>
I worked in aircraft manufacturing for close to a decade. Hysol products are used by most aircraft manufacturers and almost every branch of the military as both adhesives and liquid shims.

Those who dismiss Hysol/Henkel epoxies as unsuitable for bedding rifles simply don't know shit from shinola and are simply regurgitating what they read on the internet or have never had first hand experience with Hysol products and are unaware of anything used outside gunsmithing circles.

Most recently I've used Hysol EA 9394 to glue stator excitation circuit boards onto stator cores. These stators will end up as part of the APU turbine fuel pump in brand A transport category aircraft. There is zero room for failure in that application.