• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Semi-Auto

fillmore

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2009
Arkansas,CSA
This is my semi-auto rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
2110w1e.jpg

SA Nat'l Match M1A
Bassett low picatinny mount
Burris sig. z rings (med)
Zeiss 4.5 x 14 x50 Conquest

Re: My Semi-Auto

sweet setup! my dad has an m1a. where did u get the scope mount for it?

You know in this world of high tech and wiz-bang we forget just how fine the old school stuff really is. I've got a Glock 21 thats tricked out and perfect BUT it just can't hold a candle to my 1911 A1. Fine weapon thanks for shareing.
Scot

That looks like a really nice M1A. And you have it set up the way I want to set up my thirty year old one for F-Class competition with the scope and bipod. My sixty-five year old eyes are having trouble with the iron sights.

I had a probably "Gen 1" Springfield Armory scope mount with one thumbscrew which I tried out last week for the first time. With the scope mounted in Weaver rings, the rifle was shooting way low at 100 yards and I had to use up probably 2/3rds of the up travel to get it centered.

What has been your experience with the Basset mount? Does it loosen up after a string of rounds have been through it? Do you have to keep retightening it?

On the bipod, did you use the Harris 2R adapter with the slightly rounded flange? If so, did you have to inlet the flange into the stock to get the flange to fit under the operating rod?

I notice that the bipod appears to attach to the stock behind the sling. Is that why you have the bipod mounted so that the legs fold back instead of forward?

Thank you for your help.
smile.gif

OK,LOL, I'm busted! Actually that bipod is not mounted, I just used it to prop the gun up for the pics. The Bassett mount has worked fine so far and hasn't come loose. Took it off and put it back on once and it stayed on zero. I keep the mounting tool in the buttstock compartment. That is Bassetts low picatinny mount and I used some med. Burris Sig Z rings to mount the 4.5 x 14 x50 Zeiss. Just barely cleared the rear sight. Thats a Nat'l Match with the hooded rear sight. Oh and thanks everybody for all the nice comments.