• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Shot Show Recap...

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Well I just landed after a crazy week at the show. I have to say, one of the best shows for us, but definitely a bad layout as getting around was difficult at best.

When we picked the space last year we had no real idea what the room would be like, but it didn't take long to realize it was probably some of the best space you can want. Traffic was super high to say the least making for a busy week.

Again, Sniper's Hide and Rifles Only shared a booth and along with Lisa & Jacob we had Tony from TAB gear, Marco from GDI, and over in the corner were the guys from Iron Ridge Arms. Helping Tony was Andrew (Cowboy Bravo) and his wife April. This time around Lisa & Jacob opted for a bigger booth and I have to say it was awesome to work in. Much easier to get around. As luck would have it, AAC had a booth across from us and they moved into the Remington Military booth leaving the large space empty for us to use, so that was sweet, and I got to make the girl with the Tattoos from AAC laugh few times as she and someone else were occasionally banished to the man empty space.

Down our isle were the usual suspects, GA Precision, Badger Ordnance, Manners and Kasey from B&T... Didn't get to visit with Kasey much, but traded funnies with the guys from GAP and Badger... Disco Stu, I mean Flounder was looking stylish with his hair cut from 1974.

Along with GAP, using that corner as a base of operation was Bartlein Barrels, Tracey, Frank, and his wife were never without a smile on their face. Luana's luck might have had something to do with it, but then again, Tracey is always in a good mood. I had a great time visiting with them, and I'm looking forward to a little demo project I have cooked up with them.

Around the corner was Nightforce, and it was great stopping by there every chance I could. We spent a lot of time at the end of the days chatting, Ray, Jeff, Kyle, Butch, Rick, Jim, all great guys, Nightforce is definitely doing it right on so many levels and I can't wait to get my hands on the new turrets.

Further around the corner on my way to the Head was Rock Creek Barrels and Seekins Precision. Spent a bunch of time visiting back and forth with them. I really like Glen's new bottom metal and his AR stuff is super cool. Good to see Mike up and running around. I also caught up with John Huber from Huber Concepts there and grabbed another trigger from him. (Where was your suit John? ) So, there was always something to see and someone to visit with at Rock.

The first day in I met with Noel Carlson, great guy, along with is daughter, she's distracting. Noel spent a lot time and took some endless punishment from us, which I appreciate his attention. He is working the Ultra Long Range problem and hopefully I convinced him to put in a little focus on us for inside 1000 yards too.

Had a visit with David Tubb, always nice to have David stop by. We carried the spindrift over from the internet to the shot show floor, and David us truly a good sport with my constant pushing back on the issue. No arguing his excellence so it's nice to have him stop by and say hello.

Humidity Hugh was by, brought us coffee all week... the rest of you suck, enough said.

Team Blaster where by, as were Team Bukkake, Team Cougar, Team Two Fisting the Beers... Matt Burkett, I mean man, the list is endless.

Early the first morning we managed to speak to Vortex a bit. Chris there is doing some outstanding stuff and by 9AM on Tuesday we had already had one of the recons in our hands. Really smart stuff over there. I only managed a quick hello to Sam, and it seemed every time I tried to stop by we were all too busy to visit.

At the Vortex Booth I ran into John Paver & Manny R, John is the man behind the ABC Ballistic Program and I had chance to visit with him. For those interested they have a low cost Sportsman version of their Fieldcraft Ballistic program. So expect to hear more on that in the very near future.

Jacob and I had a great talk with Larry Vickers when he stopped by. It's always good to get Larry's take on things.

Clint Smith & Tiger McKee were also on hand for a bit, so we managed a few laughs with them.

I think it was Wednesday Morning Jacob and I paid a visit to Barrett. We sat in with Kyle Lynch and Laura G over there. For those shooting the Sniper's Hide Cup in March, huge things for you from Barrett, really a great meeting.

From there we headed over to see Nick at DTA but unfortunately we never got to see him. Nancy was kind enough to stop by, but Nick was out working hard, and everyone can see why. A lot of positive flow coming from Desert Tactical, especially with the new HTI line.

Speaking of, met Later, (Louis) along with Shaggy, Russ and Wil, they were all uglier than I expected.
    smile.gif

A personal highlight for me was the new and improved Accuracy International, huge movement over there from new rifles to the Aime ballistic program. I had a really long talk with Stacey, and seeing Alice again was fantastic. She introduced us to the inventor of the AW action who built the first rifles with the help of Dave Caig. Gave Jacob and I the inside scoop on why they are square - great story by the way. the atmosphere was electric, Tom was on hand giving Derek Bartlett a hard time at Scott's expense and everyone was a buzz. I know they have a full post and will add more later.

In the gunsmith world I spoke to, Mike Bush of Underground Skunkworks, George Leichty of P.S.S, Robert Snyder of RWS, Randy from R&D was by, man it was crazy. (I am probably missing someone but hope not.)

Later in the week I finally made it by US Optics, saw everyone there, John, Arnold, Nick, Chris, Jeff, Jesse, Becky.... along with Stu Redman and Jered from APA. I have to give credit to Jesse for the 1.8-10X and for his new mini erek knobs... he's hammering it.

Speaking of Scopes, we went to see Nathan Hunt at Zeiss, and got to put our hands all over his great scopes. I spent a good half hour just looking around the room with the 4X... he is lucky I let him continuing using it for the show. That and I have to have the little reflex -- just because. If his better half wasn't right there I would have knocked him down and took both the 4X and the reflex as I am sure Jacob was planning on taking the SAM until he saw Nathan's wife and got distracted.

The end of the show was big for me, it was the day I able to sit down with Morris and Matt from Ashbury International. They are so focused and their stuff is so well done it just blows everyone who sees it away. They are so very Marine centric it's crazy and know exactly what the Corps needs. Left handed modular M40E anyone ? For members of the Hide, the TCR is going to light you up. the tactical competition world is going to go nuts. I want to say more but at the same time don't want to spoil the fun.

There was so much more, but honestly I am fried after Lisa and I rocked the dance floor all night at Revolution...

I know I am missing tons of people, the guys from Nemesis Arms, who also brought by the AWC people, Adam at Moro Night Vision, the guys from the Corps, Tony et al, along with Forty One, the cute chick who dug me dancing to my Lady Gaga video in the booth, the brits Rat whiskers, the Aussies, Canadians, all the Feds... Hodge, and all the people with top secret PSR scopes and rifles... I promise not to tell anyone you have a modular rifle and/or a scope with locking turrets and holdover reticles.

Thanks again to everyone, it was a super show for us.

Re: My Shot Show Recap...

Rocking the dance floor????? YOU????

Okay, now there's a visual I didn't need!!!!!

Him and CKA were grinding on eachother to Bad Romance... I seen it.

not like we try to hide it

We had a great time and it was good to see everyone again and put some faces to names. We saw some cool stuff and scored some killer swag. The layout was a little confusing but it was manageable. It finally stopped raining on Friday so we got to walk the strip where I scored a full set of hooker trading cards to collect and share with family.

CKA, bravo on the book. sat down and went through it today. Well thought out. Great for multiple rifles.

Met a ton of hide guys and had a great time.

I have nothing to add about new gear at the show, my wanderings were very limited and structured and it seems the folks I talked to all were saying the same things, which is a good thing.

One cool thing I did see was the Remington limited edition of the type of rifle used by Chuck Mawhinney, #13 is mine.

Great to meet Frank. I was going to stop by Revolution with my wife, but that was the night Frank and CKA were having dinner together so I thought they might appreciate some alone time. Don't worry guys, I won't judge!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CKA, bravo on the book. sat down and went through it today. Well thought out. Great for multiple rifles. </div></div>

Thanks Russ! A lot of time and thought was put into it. I tried to gear it for regular guys just out shooting, hunting or attending competitions.

Precision Shooting for Dummies, along with the Shooter's Diet by Jenny Craig

Phil, good seeing you again, Scott from Liberty, the guys from CS Tactical, as I realized I forgot a bunch.

Krav,

Don't be hating, Lisa and I tore up the floor, the best part was her with the cowboy hat... me I was just on fire, nothing new there.

Nearly everyone had issues on the layout being frustrating, but most got where they needed to go. Once again a very positive show overall. Packing up was an issue, the basement door failed to open, and the Union boys had it out with many. Didn't get packed up until almost 12:30am. Many thanks to HS Specialties and Carlson Choke Tubes for the beer!!!!!!

Tom, George, and Moon are a blast, lots of good people to hang with. Met quite a few Hide members this year.

One the way out, LL was hit on by some old fuzz at the airport (or maybe just crowded a bit) , I was impressed. Always figured he just ripped heads off and ..........

Those old ladies were hot... I wanted them bad. Plus one of them was a real winner, she played $3 in the slots at the airport and won $15, I want in on that action.

uh huh, Lowlight is adding the last 2 chapters: "Tactical Use of Step Stool" and "Defensive Treehouse"

Shibumi, there is a link to it in my handle or I can pm you man.

Phil, I fouled up on Friday. I had put my name on one of yalls packs, and ran out of time to come by and pick it up. Was good finally meeting you. Random as heck that youre guy used to work in my area. As always, was good getting to play with SO Tech stuff.
    laugh.gif

Good report Boss...! I'm sure you didn't leave anything important out.

Is my jealousy showing?

Shaggy,
    No worries, it was a zoo last day. We can get something worked out somehow.
    Great to meet you, and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. (Reference "Crime Dolphin")
    Nearly got run over by a RollaCrate laughing on the floor.

LL,
    Great to see you, and I did miss you dancing to Lady Gaga.
    That would have been priceless... Next time!

I will post an AAR on my day off.
    Great to meet and see everybody again!

To all it was really nice to meet and speak with you. Sorry the booth was a mad house and Phil had to chase me down on several occasions to show me some new items/ideas, thanks Phil looks good. Frank, good speaking with you as always, sorry I took up so much time but if Jacob would have been available, he could have saved you but oh no, he was off doing god only knows what, hee hee. Alice did really dress up the booth a bit, she is a lot better looking and really makes the rifles look good as well, we need all the help we can get there...