• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Sig 522..sweet!!

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
Hello peeps! finally got my sig 522 yesterday and man this thing is sweeeeet!!I have owned the colt/umarex, S&W MP15-22 and GSG 5's and I will rank this on top of the class!, don't get me wrong all the 22's i have mentioned are good too, probably the smith and GSG 5 are tied for 2nd even though the colt is nice I just did not like the look of the Mags, the smith was fine AFTER it came back for repair. I only have two critique, 1st the mags are really tight and i mean tight, I had to use my power tools to smoothen the sides to make it a little looser, 2nd is if you guys do get one watch outwhen you field strip it, the bolt assembly on mine kinda got dissassemble unexpectedly,I mean the spring came off the very tiny e-clips was a challenge to find but after taking a breather and eating some lunch i got my composure together and was able to put it back together hahaha..Anyway tried it today just 200 rounds and i was able to zero my cheapo red dot in just a couple of shots, I just need to get more mags($17/mag) it takes regular blackdog mags, mine came with several rails to attach but i just used the one for my foreward grips..anyhoodle here it is..

22lr002-1.jpg

22lr005.jpg

22lr007.jpg

22lr008-1.jpg

22lr009.jpg

Re: My Sig 522..sweet!!

Nice, I finishing that exact gun in Winter Twig Duracoat right now. Matte clear goes on today

got at budsgunshop shipped for 469..<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: poles93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats sweet let us know how it shoots and if you don't mind me asking how much coin did you drop on it? </div></div>

Wow that looks awesome, price isnt too bad either. How is the accuracy on this bad boy? Is it threaded?

Have you degreased it and shot it in rapid fire?
I tried one and the smoke from the cut in the receiver knocked me on my a$$. Sig said it was from the hot preservative grease they coat the internal parts with.
If you have cleaned and lubed it, would you please let me know if you see a cloud of smoke coming out the receiver where the cut for the bolt handle. Just rapid fire a mag and look at the cut in the receiver.
The one I shot would pool up the gasses in the receiver and would work its way out in my face (shot left hand). The smell was so bad that I couldn't breath and my glasses fogged up.

I would like to get one if it didn't gas me as that SIG would eat any ammo I fed it. It ate ammo that my GSG-5, Feather AT22 and 10/22 wouldn't cycle. I even shot some 20+ year old that I only shoot in the Single Six and it cycled it.

The folding stock was a pain. You had to slam to get it to lock up. You would think you were going to brake it when you tried to get it apart.

The stock needs a quick slap to lock up, Being gentle wont do it. But opens fairly easily. Have put 500+ rounds through mine many on rapid fire not a single problem. It's accurate I have shot 1" groups at 50 yards using crappy Remmy bulk ammo.
I also had a gorilla tight mag. Called Sig, they said some were out of spec and sent me a new one 4 days later.
Great rifle at a great price.

haha, yeah his front rail is on backwards

but it's a great gun, i had a green furniture one myself...but sold it after i was constantly showed up by my buddies 15-22...and just bought a savage bolt instead lol. i'm sure you'll have better luck than me though

as for the e-clips...go to homedepot and buy some spares, they're just 1/8" steel ones..very cheap to have a lot of spares. but as long as you don't have the bolt locked back when you break it down...you shouldn't EVER have an issue.

and the mags, buy them from .44mag.com best shipping i've seen, and the cheapest price. buy the drum, it's worth it