• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My small rifle build - Savage 10 FP-SR

SeattleDude

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
I have decided to do a small rifle build.

I wanted to try Savage for long time and so it started with new Savage 10 FP-SR in .308

First thing that went on it is SilencerCo Muzzle Brake that came with my SpecWar 762 (Still waiting for it)
OEM stock is a throwaway for sure.

DSC_0206_1154.jpg~original

DSC_0209_1157.jpg~original

Next Bell & Carlson A2 Medalist stock showed up in Black w/grey spiderwebing
Great fit and finish. Had to shave a little bit inside the stock so Safety can be properly engaged.

DSC_0207_1155.jpg~original

DSC_0208_1156.jpg~original

Yesterday Weaver 20MOA rail showed up.

DSC_0210_1158.jpg~original

And today I have finished mounting the Scope on Burris XTR low rings and bubble level.

DSC_0212_1160.jpg~original

DSC_0214_1162.jpg~original

How does it shoot? I've built a couple of Savages myself. Its really rewarding to see it all come together and see the results on paper/steel. It looks good, its nice to see the savage love going around.

How does it shoot? I've built a couple of Savages myself. Its really rewarding to see it all come together and see the results on paper/steel. It looks good, its nice to see the savage love going around.

I dont know how it shoots yet =) Just finished it today.

I have a feeling it will shoot well. It has a very tight/short throat and bullets can be seated pretty close to lands and still be mag length.

Measurements of chambered round with bullet touching the lands.
First number is base to the ogive of the bullet measured with Multitoyo and Hornady Bullet comparator.
Second number is OAL from base to the tip of the bullet.

2.196 - 2.802 - 168gr Hornady Match HPBT
2.233 - 2.811 - 168gr Sierra MatchKing HPBT
2.192 - 2.825 - 168gr Hornady A-Max
2.190 - 2.816 - 178gr Hornady A-Max
2.151 - 2.810 - 168gr Barns Tipped TSX Copper
2.191 - 2.810 - 165gr Hornady GMX Copper
2.212 - 2.780 - 175gr Sierra MatchKing ------this one has to be seated little shorter than standard 2.800 OAL to work

I've put one together nearly identical, except for the muzzle brake. It's was one we picked up at a gunshow that came with a crappy stock. It was shot well out of the box. Added the same stock ,mounts and a millet scope from another rifle.
The OAL you show are pretty close to what it's getting, particularly with 168 A-max. I think I was loading 40-42 gr rl-15 @ 2.810 OAL.
Good luck with it, it's a great rifle for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk