• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My son got his deer...

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    Went out yesterday afternoon after a good morning of calling predators and Tyler got his whitetail buck.. Great day :) Shot was 286 yards with his 223 Ackley with a 77 smk. Perfect lung shot. Buck was 18" wide

image1301.jpg

image1300.jpg

This is how the day started....

IMG_2490_2_.jpg

Congrats to him SM! And you as well for spending time with him hunting. :)

Nice buck and they said no one would use 22 calibers for deer and antelope....how did the 77gr work?

Our joke of a deer season down here has been over since October 4th.

I too am curious muzzle velocity & terminal performance of the 77gr...

The 77gr Nosler CC impressed me this fall.

Outstanding! I killed my first and only whitetail a few years ago just south of you (on a friends ranch) in the same looking country...not what I would have thought whitetail would live in. I took my 12 year old daughter to Wyoming this year where she killed her first muley buck and antelope buck...hooked! From the looks of that smile on your son as he kneeling over the buck, fox, and rabbit, you just gave him the fever and he'll be a serial big game killer soon.

Congrats to your son on a fine whitetail, did you guys get hit with EHD up there?
    I've hunted all month and have only seen a couple mature bucks, dead bodies all over the river bottoms. I'd say we lost 50-60% of our whitetails. Today was the last day of season, I ended up shooting a small buck for the freezer this morning.

Got the package in the mail today, thanks again.

Nice buck Tyler...the fox sure has a nice color to him as well. Congratulation to both of you Scott, looks like a good time.

Congratulations to Tyler!
    He's a chip off the old block for sure!

Mind sharing more details about the rifle? Like to know what barrel length and twist, and what action. Load data? Excellent work, both of you! Congratulations.

Very nice Scott I bet he was ecstatic. That's impressive for a 77gr smk. I've only shot one deer with my AR with one and she was DRT but it was 110yds and 2700fps.

Sounds like it was a great day. Hope I have some luck this afternoon with the buck I'm hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk