• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Son is in LDAC!

rdinak

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2003
Birmingham, AL
13 Reg, A Company, 1st Platoon

We have been following the Warrior Forge's photos posted online and saw his photo there.

Proud Father here!

Re: My Son is in LDAC!

Congratulations to your son and you.

Good luck to him! I was 13th Reg A Co, 2nd PLT (I think...it's been a while) back in 2008!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...

Please explain for us non-military civilians! </div></div>

LDAC... Leadership Development and Assessment Course. It's a 32 day +/- course held in Ft. Lewis for ROTC cadets either the summer between their junior and senior year, or after their senior year. It is one of the last requirements for commissioning and how well you do in this course affects where you fall in the overall ranking list of all Cadets in the nation. The ranking list is then used for branch, first duty location, and additional schooling allowance for all ROTC Cadets. (no west point or OCS guys).

So, basically, in a little over a month he will graduate from LDAC, return to his school for senior year, and in a few months the overall list will come out and branches and such will start being published. And a little less than a year until he receives his commission as a Second Lieutenant in the US Army.

Hope that helps...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bikemancs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...

Please explain for us non-military civilians! </div></div>

LDAC... Leadership Development and Assessment Course. It's a 32 day +/- course held in Ft. Lewis for ROTC cadets either the summer between their junior and senior year, or after their senior year. It is one of the last requirements for commissioning and how well you do in this course affects where you fall in the overall ranking list of all Cadets in the nation. The ranking list is then used for branch, first duty location, and additional schooling allowance for all ROTC Cadets. (no west point or OCS guys).

So, basically, in a little over a month he will graduate from LDAC, return to his school for senior year, and in a few months the overall list will come out and branches and such will start being published. And a little less than a year until he receives his commission as a Second Lieutenant in the US Army.

Hope that helps... </div></div>

Yeah that really does help!

Current and former Military personnel tend to forget that people without personal knowledge, aren't really privy or knowledgeable of their acronyms