• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s my sons "barbie" jeep transformed

Michael McLemore

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2011
south east Texas
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=232123750131936&set=a.225590894118555.69132.100000029398979&type=1&theater

my oldest boy wanted a jeep for his 3rd B-day, so we found one like new for 100 bucks...but it was a barbie jeep. so being the farther i am i said we can take care of that. so i got some help from my buddy jacob "jawa" on the hide and we tore into this barbie jeep and gave it a man's make over. what do you think?

Re: my sons "barbie" jeep transformed

I guess I gotta teach you how to post too...lol I have the pics, I will try to get them up here in a little bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I so want to see this
</div></div>

x2 But I have no idea on how to post pics either. Sounds like a cool project.

BARBIE jeep pics are up**

So another quick story behind this...TxMike tells me he buys a barbie jeep and wants to camo it out. We get the job done but worry about how the paint will stand up to shit, so we schlack the shit out of it... It turned out awesome, but I will NEVVVER do this again... At least in the middle of June.

This is how it started
DSC01553.jpg

I had the wonderful idea to texture the bumpers and fender to make them look like rhino spray. It turned out awesome and looked friggin rugged... (Well not why it was pink,lol)
DSC01557.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

Heres how it ended up...Not to shabby for a couple of rednecks drinking beer trying not to die of heat stroke.
DSC01563.jpg

Here is a view from the rear.
DSC01566.jpg

Let us know what you think! Hell, if we get enough requests, we talked about drinking beer everyday and doing this for a small fee!!! lol

Pics are up!!! Scroll up a couple of posts

Well, if you were standing in front of it with your back turned and a beer the bumper did quite well! lol

Turned out pretty sweet. What happens when he see a little pink spot, and starts scratching all the camo paint off??

We agreed to tell him that all military jeeps are pink underneath the camo paint, standard issue, lol.

You sir, are a good daddy!!!!!!!!!! It is nice to see this, what a great way to spend some quaility time with your kids.

thanks every one, we had a blast and my boy loves it. he took it mudding a couple of days ago and out pulled a john deere gator in the mud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent work Mike and Jawa!

Are there no shade trees in your part of Texas?</div></div>

Q, in our neighborhood, the developer felt the need to level the land and any trees on it... The closest we have to shade trees are a couple of 5 year old Post Oaks in the back yard.

That... is awesome. My 3 year old daughter would not agree and would be upset if dad did that to her Barbie Jeep, but... dang that is cool!

My son's Jeep is blue....but it might get a paint job this summer just because!!

Great job you two!!

Jawa, I'm at work all day and this is what you are up to. I think its time I hire you to start making us some cash. Just giving you a hard time.

I have to admit, you boys did a heck of a job on this project. Mike your son should be tickled pink, or tickled camo I guess I should say.

Thanks guys. TxMikes kid was opening presents when we brought this out... He dropped everything he was doing, screamed, jumped in the jeep with a little girl at the party and they were off. He already knows how to pick up the chicks.

Dang, you hooked your son up with a proven chick magnet, good job dad!

Looks great ! I see these barbie jeep sitting at yard sales all the time . Never had thought about painting one though. Thanks for the idea . I know my son would love one and would think he's cool.
cool.gif

Great job. Looks like it rolled out of the box like that.

Well now that's just too freakin cool right there!

My poor niece has no chance of growing-up like a girl...Hahahahaa...Boy is she going to be pissed when she finds-out Uncle Pat cammoed-up her pink 4-wheeler.
wink.gif

Looks great guys!

-Pat

great DAD! and a good way to save some coin!

Now thats funny!

Tell him the pink is just tan exposed to the sun for too long.
wink.gif

Thats friggin awesome!

I have a four year old daughter with the same pink jeep. We just had a son 2 weeks ago. Guess what I'll be doing when she out grows it and grows into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We agreed to tell him that all military jeeps are pink underneath the camo paint, standard issue, lol. </div></div>

Pink is actually a pretty good desert camo. Just tell him that it's got removable paint depending on the AO :p