• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Sons Christmas present (mod0)

mberry223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
Here is a 10/22 I've been slowly building for the last year. I call it Mod 0 because there are already several changes in the works.

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

Specs:
Boyds Tacticool Stock
Kidd Bolt, Jeweled with diamond coating
Kidd Lightweight 16.5" Barrel, threaded
Kidd Buffer
Kidd Charging handle, guide rod and spring
POF Brake (take off that I had lying around, temporary)
Metal trigger group with PC internals
Falcon 4-14 Mil-Mil FFP
Badger EBR Alloy rings
Kidd standard height base

Mods on the way:

Rhineland Leopard stock, I think the proximity of the grip to trigger is going to be helpful for his tiny hands. Plus the adjust-ability will make it easy to grow along with him.

SWR Suppressor. When he saw the rifle he said," WOW, COOL Dad. But, it needs a suppressor!". Who can argue with that???

Switching out the rings to NF Alloy lows, these are too high for his tiny head, and I know someone else who needs them!

A very fun project for me and I think it will be a gift that he will appreciate more over the years. He is only six now, but he has great taste
wink.gif

IMG_1944.jpg

Merry Christmas all!

Re: My Sons Christmas present (mod0)

Thats awesome man, my little brother turns six in march and ill be taking him shooting for the first time on his birthday. I plan on building him a .22 bolt rifle pretty soon after. Ive had one of these Link for about a year and it works great as far as trigger time goes when you cant get to the range, well he doesn't know it, but It will be his and he will be opening it up tomorrow morning for christmas, its pretty close to the real deal and should keep him busy in the back yard until he can shoot the real deal.
Merry Christmas to you and your family,
-Felipe

very very cool, thats a awesome little 22lr

Oh, he will!

This one is mine (or my Wife's, depending on who you ask).

1022all.jpg

It is silly accurate. My Wife and I have both driven nails in with it at 50yds. When I first discovered it was accurate, I was shooting casings at 25 yds and then continued to hit them as far as I could see them (probably 75 yds). We were also using 10 pound test line to hang golf balls for shooting at 50. The golf balls got boring, so we started shooting the line. At 50 it was about a 1 in 5 chance, at 25 it was about 50/50.

Ours has an older Rhineland stock that is all aluminum, a Skeeter TPH (Trailer Park Hero) Barrel, a 1.5-5 Leupold, and a Hornet trigger group. Nothing too special, but it is ridiculously accurate.

10/22's are a lot of fun (and easy) to build!

What a nice gift! Merry Christmas!
smile.gif

Very well done 10/22. Kidd parts are absolutely top notch. Your son is going to be very well equipped.

Very cool gift, for a very young operator!!
Hold'm and squeeze'm little man!!
My son asked this old "Santa" for a Barrett MRAD yesterday,
he is currently in Iwakuni japan. I'll have to see what I can do next year!

Merry Christmas too all!!
Safe returns to all the young men and ladies serving!