• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My son's first bowling pin shoot!

Patton63

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
Northern Virginia
I hope you will indulge a proud dad for a moment. A while ago, I asked for recommendations for a rimfire pistol my eight-year old son could use in local bowling pin/plate shoots. I ultimately bought a Buckmark and topped it with a red dot. My son shot his first competition with it on Sunday and did great. He has been shooting with me since he was six and has progressed a great deal. He is focused, safe, and takes direction really well. Following the shoot, he was asked to join the sponsor's youth bowling pin team, and he couldn't be happier. Here is a short video of his first run this past Sunday.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit!

Re: My son's first bowling pin shoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patton63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...and he couldn't be happier...

</div></div>
^ That is the most important part... I'm glad you came to "brag"... I started when I was 13, I am now 22 and loved (and still do) to have my old man with me while shooting pins/steels... Good on you and congrats to your son!

Awesome, the only way to keeps guns around in the future is to teach children to have safe fun with them. Hope he has a future filled with fun an safety. Thanks for the video.

Hey good for you for teaching him right. It's always great to see the young ones steered in the right direction. It's the only way to keep the sport going.