• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My South Africa Hunt - Pics

flounderv2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
So I think I mentioned in another thread that I would be headed to South Africa for work but just didnt say when. Well, I just got back on Sunday from being there for 18 days.

I dont have a ton of time now but I will get a bunch more pics up later.
I managed to squeeze in a 3 day hunt while I was there and was lucky enough to get a nice Impala and a really nice Kudu. Both were shot using a guide rifle which was a .270 Mauser. The Imapla was taken at 110 yards across a field and the Kudu was taken at 65 in fairly thick brush. Both shots were taken from standing position using shooting sticks as support. I wasnt happy with the shot on the impala since it wasnt a heart shot but the shot broke both shoulders and dropped it on the spot. The Kudu shot was perfect heart shot and it made it about 25 yards before piling up. The Kudu maxed out the winch on the Bakkie (Jeep). This was about 10km from Botswana. Anyway, Ill get more pics up later but figured you would like these to start.Im right around 6'2" if that helps put size into perspective.

DSC06052.jpg

And my guide
DSC06055.jpg

DSC06090v2.jpg

And one with the guide in it so you dont think im sitting back behind it to to make it look bigger than it is.
smile.gif

DSC06094.jpg

And some cats for fun.. The female liked me but the male wasnt thrilled I was talking to his lady.
DSC06127.jpg

DSC06124.jpg

Re: My South Africa Hunt - Pics

Awesome Flounder!! Amazing Kudu! What was the length of his horns? You and Mr Joplin are killin' me with these pics. Will one of you please break the news to my wife that I wanna go there again?
laugh.gif

Good looking animals. I'm holding out hope for a trip next summer.

All I can say is WOW. Incredible looking animals. Wish I could go hunt africa. Maybe one day...

Man! I don't know about that lion sh*t. He's mean mugging the hell out of you. But those are some nice trophies you got there.