• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My SPRish build is done!......almost

terrance250

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2009
Indiana
Still need a set of BUIS, and it will eventually be wearing a YHM Phantom can, but here it is so far.

WOA SPR Barrel (rifle length gas)
VLTOR MUR upper & gas block
YHM Phantom QD flash hider
Larue SPR mount & 12" rail
Magpul UBR & MIAD
RRA 2 stage trigger
POF lower
Vortex PST 1-4 mil/mil

spr1.jpg

Now that the weather is clearing up I'll try to get in some load development this week. Going to start with Nosler 77's first & go from there.

Re: My SPRish build is done!......almost

have collected a lot of the same parts for SPR build someday---
looks good--have UBR and E-MOD to try out---interested in the ultimate accuracy you get at the bench--please post!

How heavy is that barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">interested in the ultimate accuracy you get at the bench--please post! </div></div>

Probably 1MOA or slightly less. If he gets 1/2" groups all day long I'm tossing my sabre barrel and getting a WOA instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How heavy is that barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">interested in the ultimate accuracy you get at the bench--please post! </div></div>

Probably 1MOA or slightly less. If he gets 1/2" groups all day long I'm tossing my sabre barrel and getting a WOA instead. </div></div>

Barrel weighs 41 ounces. I haven't weighed the finished build yet, but it's pretty heavy.

Yeah, & as long as I can get less than 1 MOA consistently, I'll be happy. Now if I only shoot one 1/2MOA group and put the rifle away for the day is that still considered "all day long"?
wink.gif

terrance.....where did you get the buttstock? I am considering upgrading my stock on my Noveske N4. how do you like it? Is the cheek weld worth the upgrade? what are you able to store in the stock compartment?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gjantzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">terrance.....where did you get the buttstock? I am considering upgrading my stock on my Noveske N4. how do you like it? Is the cheek weld worth the upgrade? what are you able to store in the stock compartment? </div></div>

Ordered it from Midway. I like it so far. It's wider than an A2 and more comfortable IMO. It's heavy, but balances out the rifle well. I don't have anything in the storage compartment yet. Planning on storing a couple batteries for the PST, small bottle of lube, bore-snake, and maybe a few allen/torx wrenches if I can get it to all fit. It would make good storage for AA, or CR123's if you ran a light, or EOTech too.

I have to say that is a sharp looking rifle.

Will be great once you add the can!