• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my starter gun

cruzie27

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2008
(570) PA.
Well new guy here,. but i have lurked for a while....SO

i ended up with a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308,. and topped it with a mil dot Leupold Mk2 4-12x with Leupold base & rings,. i picked up two boxes of Federal Gold Medal Match ammo (man that stuff ain't cheap!)

i took it out saturday to get it zeroed,... it looks like this littte Remi has some potential,. it is definatly alot more accurate than i can use. (i need to work on the basics) which is pretty nice. i figure by the time i get good with this rifle i will have enough cash to have a nice 300wm built up.

i have read about the Houge stock and what people think about them,.. definatly true, but for now it will do until i get a replacement for it.

well i guess thats about it,.. i'll try and post a picture sooner or later,i just wanted to say hi,. and that i look forward to learning some useful stuff here.

but for now i am off to find more ammo and a some reloading dies.

Re: my starter gun

Welcome to the Hide. Looks like you get yourself a keeper there ? I definitely advise reloading. Those FGMM aren't cheap any more.

similar to my setup!!! mine is 1/2 all day long with no "NEW" stock or trigger job, if it ain't broke dont fix it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azerious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">similar to my setup!!! mine is 1/2 all day long with no "NEW" stock or trigger job, if it ain't broke dont fix it. </div></div>

you do have a very valid point,. however i want a diffrent stock. as far as the stock trigger,. hell i am pretty happy with it.

yeah me too, i just figure people have been shooting rifles for over a century with no mods, cheasy sights/ammo/scopes and such. its all knowing your rifles capabilities and practicing your ass of with that ONE rifle. thats how you get good. anyone can have a 4k rifle but the equipment behind the rifle is what makes a shooter. btw a new stock would be nice though, if i ever wanted to give mine a "krylon special" the hogue rubber would not like that very much...
frown.gif