• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Tenacity barreled action drop in Bergara HMR Stock?

Kms33kms

P=
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
I recently purchased a defiance tenacity action MA (rem700 sa) and my criterion Remage Barrel arrives Wednesday. In a couple weeks I will be getting my new trigger for her. I already have a bergara Premier HMR PRO rifle chambered in 6.5 prc. I just wanted to place my new custom barreled action into my bergara hmr stock (rem 700 footprint) , will it drop in without modification? With barrel nut? Will the bottom metal also work with my 6.5 cm magazines when it currently uses the 300 WSM/6.5prc magazines? Yes I will be getting my tenacity barreled action it’s own stock and it’s own scope , but it’ll be a couple months down the road and I was wanting to just test out my new barreled action before then is why I’m asking. Thanks in advance fellas

Reactions: Average guy
Yes to all of that
Hey another question. My bergara barrel
Contour is kind of thin. It’s like a mix between hunting and match rifle , my criterion barrel
I ordered is the MTU contour. What’s the chances it will fit in the stock and still remain free floated?

Mtu is a fatty, you’ll have to sand the barrel channel out to clear but it’s easy. (Provided its wide enough to support it in the first place, I can’t say first hand)

Wrap some coarse sand paper around a dowel and go to town. I lay the barreled action in/on the stock so it’s centered up and tape the jaws of some cheap calipers so as to not scratch the metal and just drag them along the barrel using the points on the caliper jaws to scribe a line on the stock that I need to sand out to.

I’ve ran one on a bighorn origin. Had to open up the bolt and barrel channel. Easy enough with files, sandpaper and socket just take it slow.

Ran it with a crown ridge barrel nut also. I’ll dig out some pics.

Attachments

• 2651D9C4-0AF0-4EB0-82E3-3824F42309C4.jpeg
    2651D9C4-0AF0-4EB0-82E3-3824F42309C4.jpeg
    903.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Reactions: Kms33kms
Another pic…shouldered barrel
1675117602180.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. I like the fact I can run 3 rd MDT flush mags for hunting.

Reactions: Kms33kms
Never tried it cause everybody said I’d have to open up the barrel channel
A little bit and still wanted to use that stock for my bergara. Just waiting on Krg bravo

Reactions: Dildobaggins
Never tried it cause everybody said I’d have to open up the barrel channel
A little bit and still wanted to use that stock for my bergara. Just waiting on Krg bravo
You'll be happy with it! Good luck.

I opened one up for a M24 barrel….wasn’t bad but slow going with a few sockets and sandpaper. It was at the max for barrel channel though. Even dig into the aluminum chassis just a little.

Only pic I have of that barrel….
1675245003988.jpeg