• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Tikka is Complete!

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Just received my Tikka today that I purchased in the classifieds. Swapped it out and put it on a KRG Bravo. Only thing left to install the yodave spring when it comes in and do is a cerakote job. Last two pictures are weird to me. Why is there such a gap between the chassis and barrel? Is that where I would get it bedded or is that normal?
    tikka6.jpg

Attachments

• tikka2.jpg
      tikka2.jpg
      167.7 KB · Views: 123
    • tikka3.jpg
      tikka3.jpg
      170.4 KB · Views: 127
    • tikka.jpg
      tikka.jpg
      60.1 KB · Views: 124
    • tikkagap.jpg
      tikkagap.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 119
    Reactions: JakeM and bgavin
    So completely normal then, cool. I did notice when I tightened the rear screw more it didn't wobble anymore. The instructions said tighten a front screw but I did not see one. Am I dumb?

So completely normal then, cool. I did notice when I tightened the rear screw more it didn't wobble anymore. The instructions said tighten a front screw but I did not see one. Am I dumb?
    Front screw is permanently in the stock. You will only see the hole. Suggest you download PDF instructions from KRG. It will be useful to make sure it's attached correctly. Failure to do so can result in sub optimal performance, FTL & FTE issues.

There is a front screw, just in front of the mag well of the chassis. Make sure when you set the action inside the chassis it’s not hanging up on the recoil lug. Sometimes they can be a tight fit.

You need an extended 5mm Allen through the whole in front of the magwell. You can take off the 6 screws and remove the plastic forend to see it. If you are using a torque wrench (you should be) you’ll need a bit that can reach through. KRG sells one. Otherwise you’ll probably have to pull the forend plastic to torque it with common tools.

it looks like you're not seated on the recoil lug and the front is high. And obviously you didn’t tighten the front screw.

Factory barrel. Didn’t have a choice of what barrel it came with. Will upgrade it one day.