• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My Ultimate 10/22

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
Plain Ruger 10/22 receiver and bolt. (just polished a bit.)
Volquartsen EDM extractor and spring.
Volquartsen Buffer.
Rimfire tech adjustable V-Block and V-Block screws.
Rimfire tech action screw.
EGW 20MOA base. (Not all that great.)
McMillan STC stock.
High Desert Dog Tactical barrel. 16" Straight fluted .920" Stainless threaded 1/2"x28.
Kidd Trigger group. (SICK TRIGGER!)
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 in Badger Max 50 rings. (Oh yeah I borrowed this from my 260 which needs proper bedding. LOL)

Bed the action block and about 2" of the bbl. Not sure if this helped since I've yet to shoot it for accuracy. (I keep forgetting my mags when I go to the range!) One thing, I never can get Devcon to compress right. Every time I've tried bedding with the stuff the action ends up sitting higher in the stock and I get bubbles. I ended up fixing this one with JB. Never had that issue when I used plain old JB Weld. Maybe because I'm using Devcon Putty instead of Liquid? Anyway, now that it's bed, the whole thing is super rigid feeling. (God I hate bedding, shit is still a mystery to me. All the walkthrough's seem to be missing some key component.)

Re: My Ultimate 10/22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mordamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You put a nightforce on a 10/22?!! </div></div>
problem?

I may have missed it, but I dont think you mentioned what barrel you used on this build. I also have the same Rimfire Tech components listed, including their automatic bolt release and mag release. (You have got to try their mag release... Its reversed so it pulls like a trigger) I think this thing looks sharp... I'll post some more pics of mine soon.

Great looking rifle.. To each his own. Some people would question why you have a 10/22 like that... People ask me all the time, but I shoot more out of that rifle than any other.

Mkcoastie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mordamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You put a nightforce on a 10/22?!! </div></div>

you have not been on this site long enough.....

ther are 22 trainers with S&B's on them.....

Looks very nice. I would guess it's a tack driver. Really like those stocks. My 10/22 borrows scopes from my other rifles on occasion as well.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about the barrel. It's a High Desert Dog Tactical barrel. 16" Straight fluted .920" Stainless threaded 1/2"x28.
https://www.hi-desertdog.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=146

Suppressor is a SWR Spectre.

Before I bed it and when it was wearing a Bushnell Elite 4200, I shot a wide variety of ammo and of course the same ammo my previous 10/22 like shot the best. Wolf Match Target/ SK Standard Plus. When I did my part I was holding 10 shot groups at 50yds just under 1/2" When shooting at 100yds I held the 10ring pretty consistently. Scored my target out of 50 shots I got 484/500. (I dug up the targets for this post.) I only started really holding for wind about halfway through. I thought that was okay-ish until I looked at those rimfire competition targets people posted.

I'm not even sure if when I shot this target if it had the Kidd trigger. I think after I got the Kidd trigger all I had done was some offhand at an indoor range. The past few times I brought it with me to shoot, I forgot the darn mags. Pretty frustrating.

I have yet to really wring this thing out. I should just buy 5k of SK or Wolf and go shoot it every weekend for the next few months.

No problem with the scope, just wished I had that much money.
smile.gif

OK, here is my set up.. I think I posted a few in the rimfire section awhile ago.

[image]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...8_5576064_n.jpg[/image]

[image]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-s...0_5343747_n.jpg[/image]

[image]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...1_4414387_n.jpg[/image]

Specs:
Standard Ruger receiver and bolt
Standard Ruger trigger
Rimfire Technology bolt handle
Rimfire Technology automatic bolt release
Rimfire Technology Mag release (a must have)
Green Mountain 20" fluted bull barrel
Bell and Carlson Target / Varmit Stock
EGW 20 MOA base
Bushnell 3200 Elite Tac 10x40 scope

No trigger work and no bedding done...

That's pretty cool, Mkcoastie. Still, the Kidd trigger is light years better than any other trigger and offers the auto bolt release standard and a very cool extended magazine release.(Similar to the TacSol release, but even more well integrated.) Perfect for an offhand anschutz type hold. (Big stuffs sticking out doesn't feel good in the palm of your hand.)

Back when I had the original ruger trigger pack and power custom parts, I ran the tacsol release and did the auto bolt mod myself. Here's an image I did a while back to illustrate how the mod should look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/salmonaxe/10-22boltrel.jpg

If you want a fairly nice set of trigger components, Power custom is good for the price. Of course they're just modified standard ruger components. I shot great groups with that old trigger, a Clerk bbl and a hogue stock. Just couldn't put much pressure on the hogue or it would shoot like crap. (Pretty sure it would touch the bbl and mess up the harmonics or cause deflection.)

Thanks for compliments. I really like the look of that barrel / suppressor. The stainless/black flutes look really sharp. I plan on getting the trigger group and receiver replaced eventually and once that happens it will be a completely new rifle. I'll just put the original 10/22 carbine back together. They are fun guns for sure. Ive found that the standard velocity target ammo shoots best out of it. Once I settle on a particular brand and type I'll get the scope zeroed in better. My point of impact is off by almost as much as 4 or 5 inches at 100yds just by changing ammo so I want to find what shoots the best and then stick with that.

Thats a great looking rifle

Mkcoastie

best looking I've seen to date--post groups with this bbl when
you can--interested in a 2nd 10-22 as it does get shot more than
anything else

Good God! I've never seen so much love put into a 10/22. Just shows how anyone can turn their hobby into something that everyone can appreciate! I'm sure the squirrels don't come within a mile of your place. Nice work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mordamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You put a nightforce on a 10/22?!! </div></div>

you have not been on this site long enough.....

ther are 22 trainers with S&B's on them.....</div></div>

oh please send me a link or two, I could do with a good laugh !

dude, how does that thing shoot? I am real interested to know.