• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Ultimate Bolt Action Setup

Maurygold

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 17, 2018
    I have spent 10+ years shooting and reloading, and after finishing grad school, I spent the last 2 years building my ultimate shooting setup. I have access to a 1000-yard range and shoot at it frequently - I wanted a long-range setup that I could hunt and achieve the highest accuracy possible. I chose a 300-win mag and a 1.25" straight 20" proof barrel w/ DeadAir suppressor as speed was a secondary concern to accuracy and comfort shooting. I had benchersest and f-class renowned gunsmith Alex Wheeler cut the barrel. I shoot a 215 hybrid at roughly 2600 FPS w/ SD staying below 10.

I also built a spotting setup to support the rifle as I enjoy shooting with people, and the higher power makes spotting more enjoyable/ successful. I always run the gun over a Labrador to gather as much data as possible about h4350 and environmental changes (it's very temp table).

I spent a lot of time and resources assembling this package, and every piece has been tested in putting rounds on target the first time. I hope this helps and inspires others to build their long-range setups.

IMG_3372.jpg

Gun:
    Action: TL3 Long Action
    Trigger: Triggertch Diamond
    Stock: Manners T4A Team Elite w/ mini chassis
    Barrel: Proof Research 1.25in straight taper 30cal 20"
    Gunsmith: Alex Wheeler of Wheeler Accuracy
    Scope: Leupold Mark5HD 5-25 PR-1 MOA Illuminated
    Scope Mount: Badger Ordnance C-1 MAX w/ Level
    Suppressor: DeadAir Nomad L w/ E-Brake
    Suppressor Mount: Area419 Hellfire System
    Suppressor Wrap: Cole-Tac
    Arca: Area419 10" Rail
    Bipod: Atlas CAL
    Bipod Mount: RRS SC-ARC
    Cerakote: Primal Finish Proof barrel ends

Spotting Setup:
    Spotter: Leupold Mark 4 12-40 TMR Reticle
    Spotter Housing: Badger Ordnance S.L.I.C.K.
    Tripod: Two Vets QDT v2
    Ballistics: Kestrel 5700 Link
    Ballists Mount: Badger Ordinance
    Range Finder: Sig KIlo 5K
    Red Dot: Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA
    Spotting Scope Attachment: RRS Pic to Arca

Ammo:
    Case: Lapua 300 Win Mag
    Powder: Hodgdon H4350
    Primer: Fed 215M
    Bullet: Berger 215 Hybrid
    Dies: Whidden

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpg
      IMG_3360.jpg
      364 KB · Views: 148
    • IMG_3377.jpg
      IMG_3377.jpg
      356.6 KB · Views: 131
    • IMG_3378.jpg
      IMG_3378.jpg
      286.2 KB · Views: 134
    • IMG_3379.jpg
      IMG_3379.jpg
      335.3 KB · Views: 131
    • IMG_3380.jpg
      IMG_3380.jpg
      276.2 KB · Views: 137
    • IMG_3382.jpg
      IMG_3382.jpg
      302.3 KB · Views: 136
    • IMG_3385.jpg
      IMG_3385.jpg
      330.8 KB · Views: 132
    • IMG_3389.jpg
      IMG_3389.jpg
      283.9 KB · Views: 144
    • IMG_3392.jpg
      IMG_3392.jpg
      463.1 KB · Views: 126
    • IMG_3393.jpg
      IMG_3393.jpg
      389.8 KB · Views: 133
    I have spent 10+ years shooting and reloading, and after finishing grad school, I spent the last 2 years building my ultimate shooting setup. I have access to a 1000-yard range and shoot at it frequently - I wanted a long-range setup that I could hunt and achieve the highest accuracy possible. I chose a 300-win mag and a 1.25" straight 20" proof barrel w/ DeadAir suppressor as speed was a secondary concern to accuracy and comfort shooting. I had benchersest and f-class renowned gunsmith Alex Wheeler cut the barrel. I shoot a 215 hybrid at roughly 2600 FPS w/ SD staying below 10.

I also built a spotting setup to support the rifle as I enjoy shooting with people, and the higher power makes spotting more enjoyable/ successful. I always run the gun over a Labrador to gather as much data as possible about h4350 and environmental changes (it's very temp table).

I spent a lot of time and resources assembling this package, and every piece has been tested in putting rounds on target the first time. I hope this helps and inspires others to build their long-range setups.

View attachment 8127050

Gun:

Spotting Setup:

Ammo:
    All up, I`m pretty sure that that set up exceeds, in cost, EVERYTHING COMBINED (guns, supporting equipment, etc ) that I own by no small amount!

View attachment 8127050

Gun:

Spotting Setup:

Ammo:
    Congrats
    What’s the lead time with Alex?

I’ve had the barrel back for almost a year but. Least time was 60-90 days and he was a pleasure to work with. Absolutely recommend
    Shyyy, 1 year just for the barrel chambering or you were waiting for the barrel to come in stock?

Shyyy, 1 year just for the barrel chambering or you were waiting for the barrel to come in stock?

No, I’ve had the finished barrel in my hands for a year - point being his lead times may be different now. But then they were 60-90 days.