• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Walther makes me smile...

2guard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
nashville, tn
Took my walther to the range after getting a couple of bricks of some new 22lr to try in it. I was down to 100 rounds of center-x and was wanting to try something different. Even though the center-x has shot great, it was out at most places, so I ordered a brick of R50 and a brick of Eley match eps. weather was a little damp, some light rain here and there, but usually the least crowded time at the range where I shoot. I usually shoot 22lr for warm up before centerfire, 100-200 rounds depending on the range crowd. Got there early, cleaned my barrel a little to season it with the R50. No crazy cleaning for me, I just run a bore snake through it a few times and clean the bolt head and face. It was between cold range call, so I couldn't put up any targets, but there was a page of small bulls with a few not shot. shot 5 to sight in the new ammo, and then shot 5 on a corner bull. I was pleased to say the least.

2s141sl.jpg

cold range call, so I put up a new target and shot these 2 out of the next 4 groups:

33kvt42.jpg

ic5zxd.jpg

really like my walther. It's a late eighties model, UIT Match from what I have researched, but will shoot just about anything into real small groups (these are 3/8 and under edge to edge, mid to low .1s if you do the math) if I do my part and no one is shaking the benches (the line at the range has all of the benches connected, and if someone shakes anything, sets anything down close to you, or moves around a lot, your station will shake). shake and motion is not good with a trigger set around 4-6 ounces. it's hard to shoot any kind of groups when people are around you at this range. I can't shoot these every time, but I'm pretty sure the walther could with the right person behind it. The R50 shot so well, I did not even open the eley match eps this weekend.

That Walther does shoot great! Gotta love a sweet shootin 22!

I recently got a new Anschutz that was doing the same thing. 3 shots to get sighted and the first 5 shot group was .3 or a little less. Feels good! The other groups were really nice as well.

That's pretty tight groups. What range, 50 yards? Do you have a picture of your rifle? I'm looking at getting an Anschutz 1907 or 1913.