• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Walther WA2000.

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    I built this Walther WA2000. I was originally going to build it in .308, but encountered some problems which made 5.56 a much easier choice. The gun is based around an AR-15 platform. It has an AR Stoner .223 Stainless 5r barrel. Accuracy testing while breaking in the barrel promises sub MOA with handloads.
    Here is a spec sheet for an original WA2000
    wa2000.jpg

Here is my WA2000 in 5.56 (all SBR's are NFA registered)
    DSCN4330.JPG
    DSCN4331.JPG
    DSCN4334.JPG

The scope is a S&B 2.5-10x, like the original.
    DSCN4337.JPG

I shot these 100 yard groups using PPU Match 5.56. I shot these ten shot groups very quickly...around 1 minute per 10 shot group. Not much wind but the mirage was terrible and I was using an old Nikon 20x scope. So I'm pretty satisfied. I'm pretty confident this gun will shoot below 1moa after break-in and using handloads. I like 10 shot groups because they are a good indication of real world performance. I also shot a .24 moa 3 shot group. Probably a good indicator of accuracy is to take a 10 shot group and throw out the two widest shots as shooter error. I had no problem making head shots on a steel target at 165 yds.
    DSCN4326.JPG

Some pics of the build
    DSCN4304.JPG
    DSCN4320.JPG
    DSCN4283.JPG

Off topic but how do you clip the Uzi magazines together? I have several of those clips for mine and can't figure out how.

I’ve wanted a WA2000 since I was 14 and watched “The Living Daylights”. Don’t suppose I’ll ever have one.
    Very cool build!!!

Wow, that took some serious skills and creativity. Thanks for the pics.

So, BW… want to help me turn an AR into a British SA 80? I know… they are horrible! But I always wanted one.

Sirhr
    If there's a way to make an English gun-lover unhappy, teasing him about the SA80 is it.

Which I absolutely do not do to one of my friends over there, I swear.

Reactions: ZG47A
    I always enjoy seeing your craftsmanship, this is definitely my favorite that you have shared on here.
    Very nice, both form and function.