• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My wife is a dream killer!

Steel+Killer

Killing one steel plate at a time!
Minuteman
  • May 27, 2014
    32.75259713494653, -79.87485679548313
    I started smoking an 8lb Boston butt yesterday around 5pm I smoke mine low and slow around 180-200 degrees, so it takes over 2 hours per pound to reach an internal temp of 200 degrees (depending on ambient temp) anyway finally reached 200 around 12:30pm almost 20 hours I am excited as hell as this butt is falling off the bone probably my best one yet. I am going to let it rest for an hour before I pull it apart, but of course I can't resist pulling just a little bark off and tasting it.

I ask my wife "hey babe you want to taste a little before I wrap it up for the rest?"

Her reply "nope"

WTF no? "You sure you don't want to at least taste it?"

"No, I am good I will wait"

I contemplated divorce for a second bit my tongue and just keep quiet.

Talk about just pissing on my BBQ parade!

Women when your husband ask you if you want a taste of a piece of meat, he has been smoking for almost 20 fucking hours for the fucking love of God just humor him and take a god damn piece!

you needed new dreams anyway lol . your thinking is stinking she is just trying to help guide you to the light even if you have to be beaten from time to time remember that do not stray she sounds like a keeper go to the light dam you lol . As long as you don't wake up morning after morning with her standing over you with a kitchen knife it's all good hay you got to wake up how bad could it be .

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    I started smoking an 8lb Boston butt yesterday around 5pm I smoke mine low and slow around 180-200 degrees, so it takes over 2 hours per pound to reach an internal temp of 200 degrees (depending on ambient temp) anyway finally reached 200 around 12:30pm almost 20 hours I am excited as hell as this butt is falling off the bone probably my best one yet. I am going to let it rest for an hour before I pull it apart, but of course I can't resist pulling just a little bark off and tasting it.

I ask my wife "hey babe you want to taste a little before I wrap it up for the rest?"

Her reply "nope"

Women when your husband ask you if you want a taste of a piece of meat, he has been smoking for almost 20 fucking hours for the fucking love of God just humor him and take a god damn piece!
    Tell her for her penance she should go get you a brew almost as cold as her.
    A buddy and I sometimes tease my wife and call her the killer of all that is fun.

The real question is did you wrap at 165 or leave it unwrapped?

Any wife who won't take a taste of her hubby's meat after he's carefully and painstakingly made it ready- is heartless and selfish.

ItsBeenRubbedTasteMyMeatMeme.jpeg

Last edited:

Her reply "nope"

So.......did she tell you HOW to cook it ? :mad:

You really haven't swallowed your tongue/pride until she starts trying to be the boss of you, particularly around the BBQ/smoker........:eek:

You either need to step up your smoking skills or get a new wife🤣

So.......did she tell you HOW to cook it ? :mad:

You really haven't swallowed your tongue/pride until she starts trying to be the boss of you, particularly around the BBQ/smoker........:eek:
    No she doesn't fuck with me on the "outdoor cooking" and I don't fuck with her on the "indoor cooking"

I tell you what though next time she is proud of one of her dishes and ask me if I want a taste I am going to say "fuck no I will wait"

No she doesn't fuck with me on the "outdoor cooking" and I don't fuck with her on the "indoor cooking"

I tell you what though next time she is proud of one of her dishes and ask me if I want a taste I am going to say "fuck no I will wait"

She'll outsmart you and make you eat it cold. :ROFLMAO:

I was running Pit Boss "competition blend" and figured I'd try out cherry and apple blends, I don't care for the flavor of those as much. I've watched some videos that give some pellet "cred" to the "charcoal blend", might have to try those out...but the competition blend is just money.

Don't take it as an offense. This is a left-brain/woman-brain thing that goes back to cave man times. Women never ate first. They knew to ensure their and their offspring's survival, it was more important to keep the hunter/protector well-fed. Not eating until everyone else has a chance to eat is just part of primal female genome. Its hard to over-ride (although some in our relatively "new" non-traditional society managed - and thats how women got morbidly obese - never saw cave drawing pics of these women have you? Greek-Roman art? Curvy "thick" yes, obese no). Even in the wild, a pride of lionesses will struggle for hours and get injured to bring down a large prey - who eats first? Coalition males.

So, don't discourage her. Lest you have to care for a fatty in your old age.

I was running Pit Boss "competition blend" and figured I'd try out cherry and apple blends, I don't care for the flavor of those as much. I've watched some videos that give some pellet "cred" to the "charcoal blend", might have to try those out...but the competition blend is just money.
    I tried the charcoal blend I didn't care for it my go to is either the apple or the competition blend If I had to pick one it would be the competition blend for sure.

Reactions: Cowpokey
    I tried the charcoal blend I didn't care for it my go to is either the apple or the competition blend If I had to pick one it would be the competition blend for sure.
    I was wondering what "real world" people thought of them. I never "smoked" anything with charcoal when I was doing it before switching to pellets, so probably will just go back to competition blend. Might try something more "specific" for a long smoke with a certain kind of meat...we'll see.

Don't take it as an offense. This is a left-brain/woman-brain thing that goes back to cave man times. Women never ate first. They knew to ensure their and their offspring's survival, it was more important to keep the hunter/protector well-fed. Not eating until everyone else has a chance to eat is just part of primal female genome. Its hard to over-ride (although some in our relatively "new" non-traditional society managed - and thats how women got morbidly obese - never saw cave drawing pics of these women have you? Greek-Roman art? Curvy "thick" yes, obese no). Even in the wild, a pride of lionesses will struggle for hours and get injured to bring down a large prey - who eats first? Coalition males.

So, don't discourage her. Lest you have to care for a fatty in your old age.
    do families still let dad choose the piece(s) of chicken he wants first?
    what about when there is no dad, or 2 dads?

Too bad you didn't have one of your guy buddies over......probably would have ended in gay sex.

Guy just got his feelings hurt, and y’all are bitch slapping the hell out of him. I feel bad for him. Just kidding, let the roast continue! Does it sound gay if I said your meat looks good? Asking for a friend that shoots 6.5CM.

Well, at first I was gonna offer some heartfelt thoughts about the situation, but as I read through the comments, well, now I'm just laughing and have nothing to add. Well done guys!

• Haha
    Reactions: Steel+Killer
    I've been using a cheap electric smoker for maybe 15 years now, and it's treated me well for that whole time. Just did a brisket last week that turned out amazing.

I'm going to upgrade to a pellet smoker, and i'm looking forward to it. I need to find a special way to dispose of the old electric smoker, a way that will honor it's years of service to smoking my meats.

Branden

Reactions: Average guy
    I've been using a cheap electric smoker for maybe 15 years now, and it's treated me well for that whole time. Just did a brisket last week that turned out amazing.

I'm going to upgrade to a pellet smoker, and i'm looking forward to it. I need to find a special way to dispose of the old electric smoker, a way that will honor it's years of service to smoking my meats.

Branden
    A shit load of tannerite.

The right thing for you to do was immediately take her to the bedroom and give her the biznass.
    Yeah there’s no such thing as spousal rape. The fact that OP didn’t do this makes me question his sexual preference.