• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My Wife's new toy

sv650_pimpin

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2009
Collins, MS
She is always watching me shoot. So I bought her this for Valentine's day. She can get 3 to 4 inches from bullseye from 100 yards, open sights. Next we are going to put a scope on it.

Re: My Wife's new toy

i want to get one of those for my girlfriend. she thinks its "cute". if it sets the hook then im cool with it. sh also wants a pink walther p22 and me to build her a pink ar.

Cool! If she wants to go shooting more often then that's a win, who cares what color the stock is.

I got my girl a 10/22 and an unfinished thumbhole stock for it. She likes working on little projects, so the unfinished stock came across nicely since she gets to sand and stain it, she has something invested in the build then.

I'm not the big hot shot shooter that some of the guys here are, but I observed and asked about 100 yards in .22's, at the IHMSA internationals. These pros were shooting at 25, 50 75 and 100 yds. the groups opened up significantly, at 100 yds, and when I asked why, they all said (5 world class shooters) that at 100 yds, the .22 is going trans-sonic, and experiences buffeting, which opens up the group a bit.
Some of the guys were shooting sub-sonic, so that didn't affect them although wind did affect those guys more.
Anyway, my point is that positive results seems to increase enthusiasm in novices, and shooting at 50 or 75 yds until she gets real good, could spark her enthusiasm.
As I said I am not hotshot, but I do keep an eye on the guys who are.
Congratulations on having a lady who shows an interest, they are the best kind.
Mine shoots better than I do.

oh yeah. she shot a nice group at 50 yards with my mini 14 and iron sights. that confidence boost made a world of difference.

I live out in the sticks in mississippi ( im from new orleans, just moved here a year ago) and there are ALOT of stray dogs out here. So as cruel as it sounds, we try to shoot them as much as possible to keep them out of our garbage, livestock...etc...

I was sitting on my back porch this morning about 6 am and seen a stray run across my property in the field. Later I leave come back and the damn dog tore my trash can up across the yard. Well the dog runs off. but stops at the barn. (100 yds or better away) I run inside, grad the pink 22, aim, shoot. I hit the dog in the back. 5 seconds later she drops dead.

Pretty good shootin lil gun. I might buy one myself, just not in pin LOL

Damn!!! I was thinking a WHOLE different kind of toy... Bad Brain Bad Brain!! Why cant it stay out of the gutter???