• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My winning 1000yrd targets

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Well here are my targets from a 1000yrd bench rest match I shot in last month. I was able to win all three categories. High score, best overall target, and best group.

I was using a borrowed rifle that I had never shot before....rifle was a 6XC built on a BAT action...very good shooter.

Conditions at the range were pretty good....about 80 deg., and winds at about 4-8mph. The wind happened to stop blowing at one point and I just ran my 5 rounds....I had adjusted the scope for the wind and ended up just using "Kentucky windage"...as you can see...I held a bit too much to the left...but...still was able to take first place.

You can see the official results from the range here: http://www.tehamashooters.com/PDF/June09MatchResults.pdf

Take care,Stan

Re: My winning 1000yrd targets

Nice shooting. The targets are a bit hard to see in those pics. What are the group sizes?

Nice shooting BgBmBoo. Congrats my friend.

Not sure of the loads...I believe they were the 107gr SMK's. I was loaned the rifle and ammo. Rifle was built by Gary Ocock...again...great shooting rifle...wish it was mine! I will be having Gary build me one here shortly.

Take care,Stan

6XC is a hell of a round.....mine likes the 105 Scenars at 3100fps.

Good luck and keep shooting straight!!