• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Wolf dope and 150yd/200yd group.

Patrick_S

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2006
Lunenburg, VT
Seem like posting up tested dopes is a good thing around here, so here is mine.
Savage MKII FV .22lr
EGW 20moa base
Burris XTR med. rings
Falcon 4.5-18x
Wolf Match Extra ammo
Sharp Shooter Supply JVT stock
Harris 6-9"
Eagle stock pack
TIS sling.
DSC01147.jpg

I was planning on dope all the way out to 200yds, but I ran out of time tonight. Only got to 150yds.

Yds MOA
50 0
60 1.0
70 3.0
80 4.0
90 5.5
100 6.5
110 8.0
120 9.5
130 11.0
140 12.75
150 14.0
160 15.0
170 17.0
180 19.0
190 20.5
200 21.5
Ill update the last 50yds once I get out again.
Here is a 5 round group shot at 150yds. All shooting was done on the grass with bipod and rear bag. Benches are for wimps
wink.gif

DSC01116.jpg

Updated last 50yds and here is a 200yd 10 shot group. Had to deal with some wind tonight, which was all over the place. Only 9 hit, I missed on the first round. Thats 4 round on, reload, 5 more on. Not too bad I guess. I think this rifle is a keeper.
DSC01145.jpg

Re: My Wolf dope and 150yd group.

great groups! seems like the savages have some of the best groups out there

I felt kind of bad when I sold my uber-built 10/22, but this little box stock bolt gun rocks. Can't wait till my Sharp Shooters Supply stock shows up and I work a little bedding magic on it. I wasn't even trying to shoot a group there. Thats how easy this gun makes it to shoot.

ive got my SSS coming in tomorrow, the new savages do not fit into the SSS stocks, i had kevin rayhill from stockade gun stocks fit mine for me

just fyi

savage changed the actions some im not really sure on details i just know my savage mkII ive had for 6 months did not fit in my SSS stock

Well, wish me luck then. I got one of the new style actions(same as magnums, right?), and I told SSS that's what I had.

That shooting was out of the factory plastic stock. I have not got my new stock yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HMM..... you have me contemplating purchasing one of these... for under 300 bucks it seems to be a real shooter.... did you do anything else besides mount a scope? </div></div>

Not really, here it is:
DSC01112.jpg

I put the scope, rings and base on. Added a TIS quick cuff sling, Harris 6-9" swivel notch leg bipod, and Eagle stock pack with some thick foam under it to raise the comb. I have the SSS JVT stock on the way(which I will pillar bed) and bigger bolt knob in the mail. Some might say I'm just want to be cool and have a big bolt knob, but I do find the stock one too small/short for my liking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a falcon menace? I have one on my 308 there amazing!</div></div>

Yep. I like it. I have only run it on .22s thus far. The magnification is just right for the type of rimfire shooting I do.

Nice shooting.

200yd ~25moa

Have almost the same setup myself. Surprisingly accurate.

Must be zombies...All head shots.

Nice shooting.

What's your vertical spread like? I ask because at 50 yards my Annie is .2-.3's but at it gets farther out the vertical is where it opens up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must be zombies...All head shots.

Nice shooting.</div></div>

LOL, I just find its easier to get good dope that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's your vertical spread like? I ask because at 50 yards my Annie is .2-.3's but at it gets farther out the vertical is where it opens up. </div></div>

Never checked it. I only ask that this gun be Minute Of Pie plate at 200yds. My shooting is more about what I can do than what the gun can do. Once I know what it can do, Ill be able to gauge my own progress.

Our matches when we shoot the zombie targets they have to be all head shots.

I like your set up Patrick. I would be interested in knowing how the stock fits from SSS when it arrives.

I to have the same rifle as you, and have found it to give good accuracy for a reasonably priced .22LR - even the cheap Eley Sport 1085 fps ammo I'm using right now has been pretty good ammo for low end Eley. Wolf MT and Extra .22LR must be very good ammo from all the acounts I've read about its performance. I'll be getting some Wolf ammo for sure.

Good grouping on those targets! I believe Sniper's Hide is the place to be for sorting out this long range .22LR work/hobby. Lot's of good info here on this subject!
smile.gif

Nice shooting Patrick got me interested in looking at the Savage rifle. I already have a Savage MK II but it is the gl series model with a sporter barrel. Wonder If its good for 200 yds. Have not tried it out that far yet. Thanks for the post and updates....GREAT JOB!!

Great job!

You got a rifle and made it work very well for you. Keep up the great work.