• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My XLR stocked 700 remy will be home soon, I need ??

H_Talon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2012
lost wages, nv (Vegas Baby :-)
I need a cheek protector/bag
a forearm protector, that will fit a XLR stock.

it has a stock 7mm-08 varmint barrel for now and I'm
using AICS mags any suggestion on OAL with 162 A-Max's ?

I plan on varget for powder (have a ton) so suggestions on
starting loads for a 20" barrel (yes I had it cut:) would be helpful too.

as my other post stated, I'm just starting out with this type of loading,
before now It was just loading for my hunting rifles, this will be a
whole new deal :)

suggestions welcome, pm's welcome too ...

thanks All

Talon

https://www.cobratactical.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=4339

Skid plate for your rifle. Probably the best option out there, you would need the "A5" size.
I use the Tac-ops stock pack on one of my rifles, its a solid pack, maybe another XLR owner can chime in as to if it will fit properly.
Check in the relloading section for 7-08 loads with varget, I'm certain. someone must be doing it. . Since you're running a factory chamber, they tend. to have a little bit of a jump to touch the lands.

Welcome to it in general, you should have a lot of fun and that's a great caliber to get going with.

OP, you did not mention if the rifle is coming back complete from XLR, or from a smith. Is it scoped already, or are you just asking about the skid plate and pack?

Just that the XLR is fully adjustable to your shooting position. Putting a stock pack will cover the adjustment screws, and honestly I feel the little pad / sticker thing is plenty for the cheek (and its streamlined).

Have fun, I am sure you will enjoy it.

PM sent as well.

Yeah, no need really for a stock pack with the XLR for comfort. If you are wanting it to hold extra ammo or a data book I would suggest just keeping it in your pack.

For the reloads just start at mag length and go from there. I doubt you will be at the lands in a factory barrel. You might load a dummy at mag length and chamber it just to make sure. You picked a great chassis. You will really enjoy it.

I sent it to Phoenix Customs,

cut the barrel and thread, mount a jewel trigger, square the 20moa rail,
Ti firing pin, mount in the XLR stock.

they wouldn't do a blueprint unless I was changing out the barrel and cost was
a factor there, later maybe.

till I can get the funds together I'll be using a 2X10 burris scope.

also a bolt release, it will have to do for now :)

finish to come later also :) (black works)

thanks for the responses :)

Talon