• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mysterious Dog Illness

I know a Pro Trainer/Handler in N. Texas whose entire truck of dogs came down with a kennel cough/influenza type illness that required all to be hospitalized, on IV's for two days. All dogs had been vaccinated for these potential ailments. All dogs came out OK. This is something different....

I ran into our neighborhood vet earlier this week and she was talking about seeing a "mysterious respiratory illness" that was showing up in the Pacific Northwest. She strongly encouraged telling neighbors to not board their dogs and limit contact with others dogs until they figured out what they were dealing with... YMMV.

Had something like this with our Dane about 2 months ago. By the time we realized what was going on, we couldn't get a vet appt for 10 days. By then, he'd cleared up. It affected our Dane/Mastiff mix for about 2 days, and our Bullmastiff not at all. It's been well over a year since they were boarded, and they haven't left our property since then.

I know a Pro Trainer/Handler in N. Texas whose entire truck of dogs came down with a kennel cough/influenza type illness that required all to be hospitalized, on IV's for two days. All dogs had been vaccinated for these potential ailments. All dogs came out OK. This is something different....
I ran into our neighborhood vet earlier this week and she was talking about seeing a "mysterious respiratory illness" that was showing up in the Pacific Northwest. She strongly encouraged telling neighbors to not board their dogs and limit contact with others dogs until they figured out what they were dealing with... YMMV.

Sh*t. I heard this was an East coast thing. I thought something was up when I recently tried to get an appointment for my grrrl and there is an atypical backlog on appointments. She is not in good health and unfortunately I do have to board her soon.
Does anything help?

What exposure did they have? It doesn't sound like the typical kennel cough and if they had been vaccinated.