• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mystery Ranch 2 day assault packs on sale.

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    Went looking on Huckberry last night for a MR pack to use use as a tackle bag and stumbled upon these marked down from $219 to $152. If anyone is looking for a deal on a great hunting or match pack, these things are excellent and you don’t see them marked down often.

I love the photos of the guy wearing strap sandals on his hike in the forest but zero photos of what the inside looks like or examples of use... :sneaky:

I love the photos of the guy wearing strap sandals on his hike in the forest but zero photos of what the inside looks like or examples of use... :sneaky:

Yeah they definitely market to the hipsters a bit but they’re one of my favorite places to buy MR bags. They stock quite a lot and will often have stuff in stock that MR doesn’t, and I’ve picked up a few on some pretty good discounts there.

FWIW they also have the MR Zoid cubes on sale in all 3 sizes, I have a bunch of them and they’re great for organizing gear in a pack or clothes in a duffel.

Ordered one and it showed up today. Pretty standard bombproof mystery ranch construction. Looks like it’ll be a great range/match pack.

Holy shit - I'm 75% bald and yet I grew a manbun in the process of browsing that site :LOL:

Thanks for the heads-up on the bag; just ordered one + an assortment of those Zoid Cubes.

Yea I had a granola craving and smelled like patchouli after ordering from there…but at least their mystery ranch stuff is priced right.

Mine came Friday, the Zoid cubes are pretty nice. I got two of each size for my girlfriend and I and they’re going to be perfect for traveling. Think I’m gonna order a couple more mediums and another large. The medium can fit a week or more worth of socks and underwear plus a couple shirts and the large is the perfect size for folded shirts/pants.

I expected the pack to be built like my urban assault 24 but it actually has a much more significant frame/insert which will be nice to have for heavier loads. I wish it wasn’t camo for $150 I can’t really complain.

Reactions: E. Bryant
    They are proud of that stuff. I saw a few things I would buy, theoretically. $50 I'd jump on it, $60 I'd consider it. Lets see, they want $265... Mmmm... no.

I'd be on this like a fat kid on cake if it wasn't camo.. got a mystery ranch pop up for hunting and really liking it.

Overpriced imported shit. You can regularly get US made packs cheaper when they go on sale from TT, LBTC, Grey Ghost ,ect

P.S. that site looks like its caters to hipster pole smokers. You may catch AIDS just ordering something there.

Reactions: plong
    They're hocked off pretty often on sites like Camofire and Campsaver ... problem is, they often don't say where they're made ...

Then they’re selling knockoff shit. All MR stuff has build tags sewn into the packs. These two pics are one of the cubes and the 2 day pack I just got. The two urban assault 24L packs, mission duffels, briefcase, and other bags I have all have the same tags and say Vietnam. I have about a half dozen of their US made packs as well and they have a similar tag on them but is just hand written on most.

Attachments

• 6EC0CB7D-9F68-48FF-A369-8A86D4012CF3.jpeg
      6EC0CB7D-9F68-48FF-A369-8A86D4012CF3.jpeg
      684.7 KB · Views: 97
    • C9817BA9-0ACC-4B53-9684-88653972250A.jpeg
      C9817BA9-0ACC-4B53-9684-88653972250A.jpeg
      528.1 KB · Views: 139
    I was talking about clothes and other items they had.

I have a MR pack and love it, though it's a little smaller than I'd like and from time to time I go "Did I really pay that much?" lol
    Weighing them it's a good deal heavier than my old pack, but to wearing them both, you'd swear the MR was much lighter.

Then they’re selling knockoff shit. All MR stuff has build tags sewn into the packs. These two pics are one of the cubes and the 2 day pack I just got. The two urban assault 24L packs, mission duffels, briefcase, and other bags I have all have the same tags and say Vietnam. I have about a half dozen of their US made packs as well and they have a similar tag on them but is just hand written on most.
    I'm sure the ones sold on Camofire and Campsaver would have tags ...

I was meaning that they don't say on their listings where the MR packs are made - which makes sense, as there was such a backlash once MR started outsourcing some of their production to Asia.

I'm not making a point here; more just pointing out that when you see their packs on special, you don't always get told where they were made, that's all.

I'm sure the ones sold on Camofire and Campsaver would have tags ...

I was meaning that they don't say on their listings where the MR packs are made - which makes sense, as there was such a backlash once MR started outsourcing some of their production to Asia.

I'm not making a point here; more just pointing out that when you see their packs on special, you don't always get told where they were made, that's all.

There’s a huge price difference in the US made stuff vs the imported stuff. If someone can’t look at that and make an accurate assumption as to what they’re going to be getting then I don’t know what to tell you.

Yes their lower priced stuff is imported, BFD. It’s excellent quality and not made in commie China. I’ve been using one of their imported bags for almost 3 years now that’s been regularly doused with saltwater on boats and at the beach, carried an 8lbs+ Sig MPX regularly in the zipper sleeve that’s meant for a 2lbs laptop, hiked and climbed all over FL, VA, and ME and it’s still together. Zero damage or any real signs of wear after years of abuse. I would have gone through several similarly priced bags I’ve had from other brands in that time, so I’ve got no problem giving MR two bills for their imported bags that actually hold up and have great features.

MR make OK stuff. Their US made wildland stuff is decent but nothing amazing. Some of the packs are well designed but they are heavy and not as durable as comparable stuff from EXO, Kifaru, SG. Also, their organization tends to suck a bit compared to them. They are lightish duty, infrequent use hunting packs.

Now that is on the hunting/backpacking side.

On the military/tactical side, their shit is no where near comparable to the likes of LBTC, TT, Kifaru, Eagle, ect. All of those can be had on discount for comparable prices and other than some Eagle stuff being made in caribean, is made in the US, with US repair facilities.

Reactions: Jdfd556
    Look if you don’t like MR shit then don’t buy it, but there’s no reason to come in here with bullshit.

Eagle shit has been made overseas for a while now and ever since they did the quality when to absolute trash. They used to make some great gear (although their packs sucked) but that’s not the case any longer. Also, MR makes their military packs in the US as well and some others. I’ve got an overload and load cells that are all US made.

I was merely passing a deal along, don’t like it, don’t buy one. Trying to turn it into a MR vs whatthefuckever thread is like you’re trying to self suck yourself.

Good quality packs should be measured on a case by case basis, and for your use case. My Kifaru is built like a tank. And it's 9lbs empty, which is a lot for a 70L pack.

I bought a MR Thor Jammer military surplus pack off eBay, it looks to fill the gap I was looking for of a day bag with a good frame and a load shelf for hunting and packing out meat. It's heavy at 8lbs too, but external frame packs can weigh a little more than internal or frameless packs and be ok.

All on sale and built like brick shithouses.

Reactions: Jdfd556
    The pack arrived, and as expected, it's rather nice.

I also bought one set of the Zoid Cubes, and regret not getting 1-2 additional sets for use in some other bags.