• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mystery Ranch Komodo as carry on?

SRS

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2007
California
Folks,

Have you used the Mystery Ranch Komodo Dragon as a carry-on? I regularly use my Eagle Industry Becker Patrol Pack as a carry-on, but I'm not sure if the Komodo will fit in the overhead.

Thank you, folks.

I have the dragon slayer, pretty much the same size accept the dragon slayer has the X frame. It fits in the overhead perfectly.

Look at the Sandpiper of California (S.O.C) Bug-out bag. The right size for a carry-on and the straps have pockets for storage, so they don't hang up on everything. Less than a hundert bucks...

Not very heavy? 40lbs or so. I think they say it's good for 90lbs. It handles the weight just fine. You can strap a rifle to the side of it easily. I don't know there are so many things I like about it.
I'm not sure how the Komodo would do with the futura frame. I don't know what your using it for but I personally would get the dragon slayer over the Komodo unless your military.
The dragon slayer is lighter has a better frame comes standard with the live wing waist belt, it's an upgrade on the Komodo. Don't get it with out it, it's worth every penny and when you not using it you can strap it to the side of the pack.
The Komodo has padding in the back for people that have on body armor. It's just added weight and bulk you don't need. Oh and the dragon slayer is cheaper!

I'm going to swing by mystery ranch this weekend. I want to check out the helinox tactical chair and the wet rib.

I'm thinking with the wet rib instead of a water bottle and snacks, bear spray and a pistol! I need to see it in person though to figure out if my pistol will fit in that pocket?