• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater MythBusters: Phone Book Armor

Re: MythBusters: Phone Book Armor

They have the best job EVER! I wonder how much dough they rake in for doing this stuff?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, didn't see that coming. Every time I see those morons with a gun its like nails on the chalkboard.</div></div>

Actually, Jamie Hyneman is a seasoned shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, didn't see that coming. Every time I see those morons with a gun its like nails on the chalkboard.</div></div>

Actually, Jamie Hyneman is a seasoned shooter. </div></div>

Just because he is a seasoned shooter doesn't mean he isn't a moron with a gun.

I've been catching up on season 7, watching the episodes online when I have time. I wasn't aware that the 8th season started, downloading the shows that have aired right now so I can watch those. I really like how what's her name (the one that just had the baby last season) has really bounced back, and is lookin' pretty freakin' hot after having a baby!

Branden

I don't know about bullets but they do make good armor for stick fighting. Back in my high school days I was in to Jeet Kune Do(stick fighting was a big part). We used to duck tape phone books around our bodies, put a hockey helmet on and go at it.
crazy.gif

It always seemed to me that Jamie Hyneman was a gun guy. The other guy giggling like a school girl and the comments by the others grates on my nerves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hannibal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That girl in video, Carrie, almost lost it shooting that LAR Grizzly. She wasn't ready for that recoil- almost a scope bell to the face.

Han </div></div>

the slo-mo was cool. she just dont have enough mass, did you see the recoil shock wave roll thru her? could have hurt that cute face

Glad they got Kari to the gym post the baby - she's lookin' pretty buff shooting that 50. Her position and execution looked good as well - she's had some shooting training too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, didn't see that coming. Every time I see those morons with a gun its like nails on the chalkboard.</div></div>

Actually, Jamie Hyneman is a seasoned shooter. </div></div>

You could roll his ass in Dillo Dust and he would still be a dipshit with a gun.
laugh.gif

She just had a baby unless that's a huge re-run - looking good for post baby.

Hey Al how's it going??? When you gonna get me on that show!!! I"ll DRIVE my butt down there!!

FYI that lil hottie they had while Carrie was out was cool too, just butch enough to be cool...watching her climb the helicopter skid in the wind was cool
smile.gif

That other chick used to be on Xtreme 4x4. She blew her back out really bad while working on that show. I'm surprised she can get out of bed in the morning much less climb a helicopter skid in the wind.

I know we're talking about the girl, but, wet frozen magazines do a hell of a job stopping bullets. If those phone books were soaked and frozen I think the 50 cal would be the only one to penetrate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have the best job EVER! I wonder how much dough they rake in for doing this stuff? </div></div>

Probably enough to get by on, I know the guy that supplied all the firearms other than the class III stuff in that episode. He told me they only paid for the ammo and nothing for using the firearms but did have a good time during filming.

I know that 2 and a half phonebooks will stop a .44 mag at point blank. My friend demonstrated this in his fifth-wheel trailer.
smile.gif