• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up N.Carolina 1,000 yard shoot; 10/31/2009

McCrazy

Your tax $$$ no longer at work.
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2008
    Texas
    To all interested shooters:

A local gun club I have been shooting with lately is going to have a range day later this month that is open to all comers. We shot there last weekend at 600; 800; and 1,000 yards but there are also other yard lines available to shoot from.

<span style="font-weight: bold">In the interest of everyone getting the maximum time to shoot the longer ranges however it is HIGHLY recommended that you show up with a usable zero.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Range usage fee will be $25 per shooter.

It is going to be October 31st (Halloween) on Fort Bragg, NC which is near Fayetteville.

Link up is at 8:00 a.m. on the 600 yard line of Range 66D (on Preachers Road about 2 miles from the Ste. Mere Eglise Drop Zone for those of you already somewhat familiar with Fort Bragg)

We can arrange a link up point for me to meet people who will need a guide to get to the range as maps are sometimes less than accurate on Fort Bragg.

You do not need military decals on your vehicle nor a military ID to gain access to the base. You will need to get a temporary visitors pass and show the gate guards that your ammo is separated from your weapons however.</span>

I think that is about it. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have and please let me know if you are planning on attending. That way we know whether to plan for 15 shooters or 50.

All in all this should be a good time and an excellent chance for some of you guys to come stretch the legs of your rigs. The opportunity to shoot this distance around here doesn't come around that often so I hope some people take advantage of this.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ETA: Targets will be NRA paper targets. Shooters will have to take turns working the pits pulling targets and placing spotters and pasters. Sorry it can't be all fun and games
    wink.gif
    </span>

N.Carolina 1,000 yard shoot; 10/31/2009

0311- it is 118 miles according to MapQuest from Lejeune to Bragg.

Re: N.Carolina 1,000 yard shoot; 10/31/2009

Outstanding. Finally some distance around here.

Cut

McCrazy, what club are you shooting with? I'll be looking for a place when I get back and didn't think we had anything nearly that long close to Bragg. I was assuming I'd have to drive to Durham to use their 300m range.

Man, I wish I could do the 1000 yard but I've still got a couple more months over here. Ah well, at least there may be a place to shoot when I get home.

ZL- the gun club is Crosse Creek Rifle and Pistol Club: http://www.crossecreekrifleandpistolclub.com Their facilities are just a couple miles South of Fayetteville and go out to 300 yards on their rifle range.

The 1,000 yard shoots are arranged through the club High Power director working with Range Control on Fort Bragg.

I'll look forward to shooting with you when you get back.

Thanks for the info, McC. I'll hit you with a PM when in about a month or so when we start the asspain of redeployment. Take care.

Bump for the weekend crowd.

Several people have contacted to let me know they are coming to the shoot. I'm looking forward to shooting with some more Hide members. Any other takers?

Sounds like a great time waiting to happen..

Any limits on caliber?? I would like to stretch the Barrett out to the 1k line as well as the 308.

Where do you guys want to meet up to go to the range? I've never been on Bragg.

Cut

Locked and Loaded- I will get in touch with the guy running the shoot and ask about the .50 cal being used. I know we can use the .50s out there but it requires a larger range fan so is harder to plan for. Also with the bigger fan our impact area is larger and makes us more prone to being shut down by range control if we start to impede on other active training areas. I'll get back to you when I have an answer though.

95LTZ- Suppressor is not an issue

Nuttshooter- Targets will be NRA paper targets, and we will have to take turns in the pits with spotters and pasters. Last time we didn't have 1,000 yard targets so we just shot the 800s all the way to a 1,000 yards and had a great time doing it. The gun club just got a bunch of new targets though so we may have some actual 1,000 targets to shoot this time.

I just replied to an PM asking the same question as you so sorry for not specifying before-hand. I've edited my initial post to address this.

Cut- From what direction will you be approaching Ft. Bragg? I live on the Northeast side in Spring Lake, but can drive down to the South side without issue if you are coming from that direction.

I'll be coming in from Ramsey St. side of Fayetteville. I'm familar with most of Fayetteville. So what street do you want to take into Bragg?

I'm familar with Grey Group, Jim's, and most other gun related places.

Cut

PM on the way Cut

L&L- I spoke with the High Power director who co-ordinates with Range Control today. Unfortunately the range is already planned out and approved without the .50 cal range-fan.

Maybe next time, sorry.

Bump for the weekend crowd.

There are approximately 10 people from the Hide coming to this so far. Feel free to let me know if you are interested as well.

Weather forecast so far for Saturday is partly sunny with a high of 78*. Good to see it should be good for us.

How did things go? Directions didn't work for me and I couldn't get on bases without going to the main gate. Gave up after that and came back home.

Which was fine for me. Had a rough night. I was recently diagnosed having MS and I get side effects some from my shots. So good day to stay on the couch.

Cut

Damn that sucks Cut, sorry to hear it. Did you not get my PM with my phone number? I would have come off post and guided you in to the range.

Things went off without a hitch. Weather was pretty good for the most part. A little drizzle in the morning, followed by increasing winds as the day went on and the skies cleared. Started of on the 600 yard line with pretty much full-value winds of 1.3-4.5mph. By the time we shot on the 1,000 yard line winds were going from 6.5-13+mph.

Would always be nice to have more shooters out there but at least 1 other Hide member made it out. Let me know if you want to go to the next open day.

Sure, keep me in the loop on this. Next time I'll just hitch a ride in with someone and cut through all the red tape at the gate.

I get a week off for Thanksgiving and 2 weeks for Christmas if some of the other guys have a similar schedule maybe we can shoot then. But I'm usually off the weekends.

Cut

mccrazy-let me know when the next shoot it- if i am in town i will try to come to it. didn't know they opened a range to civys but sweet