• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

N Vision Nox battery status bar?

1trkyhntr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2021
Virginia
I just received my Nox 35mm a few days ago. I am using the supplied 18650 battery and I did change the battery type in the menu to that.
I probably have 4-5 hours on the unit and I have been watching the battery status bar. It never dropped below 3 bars. I normally charge everything every other night of use (maybe 3-4 hours total run time) but I was curious as to how long the battery would last in the Nox so I did not charge it. Last night when I turned it on it still showed three bars but immediately shut off. I changed the battery and it was good to go. I put the used battery on my charger and it was depleted to about 3V.
My question is has anyone else noticed that the status bar is not accurate with a 18650, and is it accurate with a CR123?

I have a Nox 18. I think my battery indicator is not accurate.

Using the same CR123 battery, sometimes the indicator would show full bars, then go down to 0 bars, back up to 3 bars, etc. Right before the battery died it was showing full for 30 minutes before dropping to 0 and turning off.

Same experience. I've never seen the indicator show anything but full. Can we get a firmware update with a menu option to display voltage instead of the battery icon?