• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

N565 or 570 for 300WM

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    Curious about these powders. I've heard that they are very clean, and have little to no lot variation so I was thinking about trying it.
    Rifle is a 300WM, 28" 1-9.5 twist and I'll be running the Hornady 225 ELD-m. According to my software my current load with H-1000 is pushing these @ 2870 fps.
    Does the brain trust believe that I might gain anything from making the switch and if so which one to try 1st?
    Thanks.

I've played with N570 a bit in my 300WM with 215 bergers. I had two issues with it. To gain any negligible speed over H1000, it was a very compressed load. This caused me to run into issues with keeping a consistent OAL length. I probably would have had to run more neck tension to compensate. The reamer that was used for my rifle is geared toward seating the 215 bergers long so I have as much case capacity as possible. Problem #2 was that it meter's like shit out of my charge master. I've also heard mixed reviews about N570 causing increased throat erosion, but there doesn't seem to be any hard facts proving it does.

Ok thanks. I was concerned that the density would be a problem. Answered my question. Thanks. I'll stick with H1000.

In my humble opinion; N570 is more suited to the larger magnums (300 Norma, 338 Lapua etc) I agree that H1000 would be a better option for 300WinMag exactly for the reasons stated