• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

N570 load for 375 Cheytac report

secondofangle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Utah
This is finally available so I gave it a shot (literally) while working up a load for 2 different DT 375 factory barrels in the past 2 weeks. Here is my report:

1.) WAY more speed than Retumbo. Like 100 fps more is possible before running into pressure. I started with my Retumbo load 132 grains and worked up to 136 grains N570 with a SMK in Bertram brass. Each grain gets you about 30 fps. 132 grains got me about 3025, and 136 got me 3145 fps. 132 Retumbo gets me 3050. I think 3200 fps from a 29" barrel is easily possible with this powder, but I didn't want to beat up the brass.
2.) SDs are very low up to 135 grains - 5-7 fps for SD and ES of 15. Once I hit 136 SD went to 12 so I stopped going higher and backed down to 135 grains as the final load. This load shot multiple 1/2" 5 shot one ragged holes in both barrels.
3.) I got occasional hang fires with ambient temps in the 40s. I don't know if this is a bad batch of primers or what, but it's something to be aware of. I think I had 4-5 hang fires in about 100 rounds fired. I made sure to clean my primer pockets after the first range day where it happened and it has only happened once since. I think this powder at 130+ grains may be near the ignition limits of standard large rifle mag primers (I'm using 215M of course).
4.) The kernels are HUGE, and each weigh approximately 1/10th of a grain. For me it actually made it easier to load since I hand trickle.

If you're shooting the Cheytacs, this powder is worth a shot. Fast, accurate, consistent, but with some accompanying problems (metering, cost, hang fires.) I got the last 10# from PV and the last 10# from PR in SD arrived Monday, but I see PV already has it back in stock. The powder shortage is over boys! (except H4350).

Last edited:
Sound good,don't have a 375 but maybe one day.In my 338 ai this is my powder I run the Berger 300s in the 3060 to 3070 range with excellent accuracy.

I use this powder also in 408 , 138 grs , 215 GM, 390 CEB.
Reload Swiss is another choice here .RS80 , same numbers, average speed 850-875 in a Windrunner

This is finally available so I gave it a shot (literally) while working up a load for 2 different DT 375 factory barrels in the past 2 weeks. Here is my report

Thanks for the report. What do you think I could do with it in a 36 inch barrel and an increased capacity of a .408 Wildcat. I think the ignition could be a problem.

Last edited:
I used to get hangfires with my old 375CT no matter what powder I used, I used mostly retumbo. Seemed like the highest load density helped but then the brass didn't last.

If I still had it I would have experimented with a duplex load via pistol powder sitting on top of the flash hole for providing superior ignition. Could be my firing pin and spring weren't correct but I'll never know now.

I'd get 3150 fps out of 132 grs Retumbo in a 32" barrel with 350's. 100 fps more with N570 is substantial !

I use this powder also in 408 , 138 grs , 215 GM, 390 CEB.
Reload Swiss is another choice here .RS80 , same numbers, average speed 850-875 in a Windrunner

Hi 38
me too 'll use RS80 for 408CT..can u tell me some advice about reloading this caliber? I have 1-13 twist and 29" barrel lenght...
Thanks