• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Narrowing down my choices - Semi Auto precision 30

odonnks

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2012
A few weeks ago I posted asking for feedback on different precision 308 semi-autos.

Narrowing down the choices I at :
GAP-10
JP LRP-07

For those in the know, any one better quality than the other?

The GAP has a 6 month wait and I may be able to get ahold of a new JP within days.
Prices are comparable with the JP just a tad over the GAP.

Any input is appreciated.

Re: Narrowing down my choices - Semi Auto precision 30

Both are outstanding rifles that generally, most people I see buying them can't shoot them as well as they are capable of being shot. Both will be highly accurate and dependable. It all comes down to which you prefer and whether or not you are willing to wait for the GAP or you want the JP now (or much sooner). You can technically have both built to your specs (especially the GAP), but if you are buying a JP that is ready to go, then you are likely stuck with the configuration its in (aside from easy stuff to change like stocks, grips, etc.). Your other option on the GAP is to keep a watchful eye out here and snag one that comes up for sale...albeit not very frequently, it does happen from time to time.

Either way...I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Do you mind sharing where you are getting the JP in such a short time frame? I'm in the market.

JP"s take just as long as GAP-10"s now. When you want the best, you have to wait. I do love my JP though. Would love a GAP-10 too. As far as resale, JP holds their value just as well as GAP"s do. I personally felt JP had a little more Quality than the GAP.